Yeast starter made Fri night, pitch Sat night?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely. Pitch the whole thing. A day won't be enough time to crash cool your starter and decant the liquid though.

Absolutely. Pitch the whole thing. A day won't be enough time to crash cool your starter and decant the liquid though.

I have always decanted the liquid. By not decanting will I notice any difference?

How big is your starter? If it's only a liter or so, just pitch the whole thing. Much more than that and it may have an impact on the final product. All else being equal, I'd rather pitch an entire 2L starter than skipping a starter and pitching just a vial of yeast.

If it's a standard gravity stout, I'd just do a 1L starter and pitch the whole thing.

How big is your starter? If it's only a liter or so, just pitch the whole thing. Much more than that and it may have an impact on the final product. All else being equal, I'd rather pitch an entire 2L starter than skipping a starter and pitching just a vial of yeast.

If it's a standard gravity stout, I'd just do a 1L starter and pitch the whole thing.

1L starter from washed yeast.

Latest posts

Back