Help! mid brewing problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_the_greek

Reaction score
Oh boy guys, I think I really am losing it. I've been so frazzled by people bothering me while brewing I accidently forgot to add the first hops. I just threw them in, 20 minutes into the boil, can I simply pretend the initial boiling "never happened" and go for an extra 20 before the rest of the ingredients

Sure, why not? If you're using extract and have already added that, it'll carmelize a bit more and you've boiled off more water than originally thought, but if you'r doing a partial boil, you're going to top off the water anyhow. No harm done. If you're doing a full boil, you'll just have slightly less beer.

thanks guys, man its crazy to step back and see the little things that make us noobs freak out :eek: Its well on its way. hopefully all goes good. As long as my starter isn't infected, I think this batch (Hoegaarden clone) will turn out alright. it smells strongly and where the flavor wasn't unpleasant it was alittle odd :cross: I think that might just be the whole yeast thing though. only a few minutes left of boiling!!

Back