Wine bottle leveler ...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maztec

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I used to have a set of little glass marbles to put in a wine bottle to bring its level back up, if I had only taken some out of it for a taste, and then I could recork it.

Unfortunately, they were lost in the move. Now, I received them as a gift originally, and have no idea what they are called or where to get them. Did a search around, found nothing, but, if anyone knows what I am talking about, where can I pick them up?

Basically, they are food grade glass beads that you can put in the bottom of a bottle of wine to bring the level back up before recorking. They are generally used with older wines or tasting kits, so you can drink a little at a time and not worry as much about the whole thing going bad.

Any tips on finding this would be great.

Thanks!

My understanding is that regular marbles - even if small enough - are usually not recommended because they are sometimes made of materials or coated with materials that can flavor the wine or are colored and that can leach into the wine.

From their FAQ's:
Are your products from China? Are they dangerous to children, adults, plants or animals?

Our glass products are all made in Mexico. Unlike many toys originating from China in 2007, they will not leach lead or any other chemical, toxic or otherwise, and are absolutely safe to use in any application, including those involving children, adults plants and animals (such as aquariums or terrarium substrate.)

I'd get the "polished clear" one's. I don't see how they could be anything other than glass.

http://www.megaglass.com/pc/55006/mini-marbles.html

Back