Cash Crop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HossTheGreat

Reaction score
Just cashed in on the awesome hops prices at hopsdirect. Ordered a pound each of Amarillo, Cascade, Saaz, Williamette, and Crystal. All in all everything weighed in at just around 5 and a half lbs. Think I just about wore the old Food Saver on this one.

100_0855.JPG

100_0858.JPG

i just ordred a pound of Cascade and Magnum from them. i normally dont bother breaking them out but just leave it in one big bag and just use the food saver after i open it. BUT that said, there are times i wish i had them out in 2oz bags or something.

i think you have a good idea by listening to some BN and having a few beers...might have to do that next week, haha.

i just ordred a pound of Cascade and Magnum from them. i normally dont bother breaking them out but just leave it in one big bag and just use the food saver after i open it. BUT that said, there are times i wish i had them out in 2oz bags or something.

i think you have a good idea by listening to some BN and having a few beers...might have to do that next week, haha.

Yeah, I broke them up into 2oz bags. I figure it'll be a lot more convenient that way. The Beer and the BN sure did make the whole process a lot less tedious.

Two words: mason jars!

If you have the space in your freezer, these are the way to go for pellet hops. I split up 8lbs from a group buy and it was a snap. FYI one pound of pellets fit perfectly in a one quart wide mouth mason jar!

Use the foodsaver to vacuum seal one jar; when you need hops, break the seal, weigh out what you need, put the lid back on, run the foodsaver again, put hops back in freezer!

:mug:

Two words: mason jars!

If you have the space in your freezer, these are the way to go for pellet hops. I split up 8lbs from a group buy and it was a snap. FYI one pound of pellets fit perfectly in a one quart wide mouth mason jar!

Use the foodsaver to vacuum seal one jar; when you need hops, break the seal, weigh out what you need, put the lid back on, run the foodsaver again, put hops back in freezer!

:mug:

Sounds like a great idea. I'll have to check into that for next time. Thanks.

Back