Hello from West Tennessee ..getting back into brewing!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srvblues00

Reaction score
I live in Moscow, TN, about 30 minutes east of Memphis... I used to brew several years ago with a friend in college, but had to stop due to further schooling, moving, job hunting, etc. I recently bought a house and am somewhat settled, so I decided it was time to brew again. Found a kegerator on craigslist and the fun began! I've done 3 batches so far, all have been partial mash. First one, which I am drinking at this moment, is a Highland Brewing Co Gaelic Ale clone.. I must say, it is very tasty, and gets better everyday.. too bad it's just about gone. Next I did a generic True Brew box kit porter, but I added abotu 10 ounces of molasseses. I'll be kegging that this weekend.. and right now I have an Oktoberfest style ale fermenting away.

A bit about me: I'm 25 & I grew up in NC... I went to college at Western Carolina U and got a 4 year BS degree in computer information systems. I am now a Volkswagen technician and work a dealer in Memphis. In the summer of 2002, I rode my bicycle across the USA - 'Frisco to Portsmouth, NH. What an unbelievable trip! Absolutely by far the best experience I have had in my life to date! I then worked for the touring company, America by Bicycle, for 4 more tours as their on the road mechanic (have 5 years bicycle mechanic experience in a shop). So far I've been in 42 states and have ridden my bike in most of those. I am into high performance forced induction engines.. I had a 2.3 turbo Mustang, which was a blast.. finally got to where I kept blowing the engine up, so I built a new engine.. a twin turbo fuel injected 351w with aluminum heads, solid roller valve train, and loads of other mods and hand built fabrication (I TIG weld). Still working on tuning the standalone EFI engine management system as time, money, and weather allows.

Well, that's enough for now, plus I need to hike back over to the tap for a refill. Don't let your meat loaf!

Oh yeah, check out some of my brewing/homebrew pics here.

Latest posts

Back