Just spent 78$ on Stone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talleymonster

Reaction score
vvvviolet.jpg

Just stopped by the liquor store. Got me a case of the '08 Stone Vertical and a six pack of Levitation Ale.:mug:

I've never had the Levitation, that' why I got it.

I'm more excited about the Vertical, though.

I'm working overtime tomorrow, so I was able to justify the purchase.

Lots of that typical stone bitterness. I thought it was chinook, but Lee Chase told me it was actually magnums. I don't think I am a big fan of any of the high alpha acid hops.

Levitation is very tasty. They have it on tap at the San Diego Marriott Courtyard Marriott. Makes for a nice night cap.

SANCourtyardOnTap.jpg

Just went to the Stone Brewpub last week - pretty amazing. Just killed a bottle of th 08.08.08 tonight, loving that simcoe hop flavor. I left a bottle at the lady's place in San Diego, we're gonna open that one up when I move out there next year.

I wasn't too impressed with the 080808, way too sweet for my liking. But I did polish off a Ruination the other night and love me some AB.

We just got Stone for the first time here in NC this week. I loaded up, since I haven't had it before.

The AB was amazing!

I really like this Levitation Ale. @ only 4.4% ABV, I'm on my 5th one and I'll still be fine to go to work in the morning.

I really haven't not like and Stone that I've tried. I'm buying a few of the 12'th anniversary Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout's tomorrow after work.

I really like this Levitation Ale. @ only 4.4% ABV, I'm on my 5th one and I'll still be fine to go to work in the morning.

I really haven't not like and Stone that I've tried. I'm buying a few of the 12'th anniversary Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout's tomorrow after work.

Now I'm jealous. I too am working killer overtime the next couple weeks (about 55 hrs a week). Though, I think I will stock up on some ingredients.

Yeah after a year on this job and number 3 in seniority out of about 215 employees, the overtime is finally kicking in. And it probably won't stop until November 2009.

Right now we're on 5 - 8's with a select few getting an additional 8 on Saturdays.....myself included. Soon enough we'll be working 7 - 10's, 7 - 12's, 7 - 14's etc. :eek:

Man, another one I really didn't like. Way too bitter - some additional age will do the 12th good.

Mine was bitter, but once it warmed to a certain point it seemed alot better. Or I was feeling good by that point. It definately will rock after aging.

I hear that - temp could have been a factor. 'Twas also my b-day when I had it so I was already a lil' toasty. Wish I could get another to sit on for a while.

The Outmeal Stout is excellent. I have an 08 VE, and I am hoping I like it better than the 07.

Gotta' look for the Levitation... haven't seen it here yet!

For any Vegas brewers looking for this beer.

Lee's Discount Liquor has a special.....buy any 6 22oz beers, get 10% off. You can mix and match all day.
Except I checked two locations today and they're out. Maybe some of their other locations still have some in stock. They are just way too far a drive for me to save 3$.

But if you're in the SW,
Khoury's Fine Wine and Spirits, which is awesome. Not as broad of a selection as Lee's but they do have beers that Lee's does not.
They have cases and cases of the stuff. They have two displays in the middle of the store constructed entirely out of boxes of Stone Vertical 08.

The owner is really cool. Every time I have gone in there we have BS-ed for 15-20 minutes about beer.

They'll have Deschutes Hop Trip soon!

P.S. if you like Moylan's, pick it up now. He just found out today that they are going up in price....big time.

Back