Superbowl of Micro's PA vs AZ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eljefe

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So which state/city has the best micro options? Being from Pittsburgh, I can attest to some very fine offerings in around town including:
- Church Brew Works
- Penn Pilsner
- East End Brewery

as well as these fine breweries in PA
- Victory
- Troegs (Nugget Nectar & Mad Elf; yum, yum, yum)
- Stoudts
- Yards
- Voodoo Brewery
- Weyerbacher

What is the AZ lineup?

Don't forget ABC (appalachian brewing Company) in Harrisburg, PA. I dunno if their stuff gets out to Pittsburgh or not.

It does not so I am not in position to judge. If I can find it, what do you recommend. Harrisburg is becoming the capital of good beer in PA.

For AZ:

Four Peaks
Oak Creek
Beaver Street
Flagstaff Brewing Company

and more....

but sadly, Coyote Springs no longer exists. Oh, the days/weeks/months I spend there drinking their glorious Nutz Brown. :drunk: And now they're closed. BUT, I did track down the recipe from the brewmaster! :mug:

Pa resident here. So I am biased. I will say that I live about 3 miles from victory, me and SWMBO were just there last night. :) It's great to live so close, also Iron hill has really improved in the last few years. Sly Fox is just up the road from us as well.

I have lived in the area of DE/Md/PA for around 10 years or so, and the quality of the smaller micro brews has really come up in the last couple of years IMO. Iron hill 4 years ago I would rather drink something else. Nowadays they have been producing some really tasty stuff.

Sly fox shouldn't be over looked either. While some of the seasonal stuff can be hit or miss, most of the staple beers are really excellent.

Of course being so close to Philly Monks always draws me like a lodestone. That place is pretty much a must see for the beer lover. I absolutely can't get enough of the house sour.

Latest posts

Back