The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
redsoxgointotheworldseries_medium.gif

soxwin_medium.gif

bah.... if the Pats hadn't completely gagged up about 27 third-and-longs all freakin' day to the Jets offense, the call wouldn't have mattered. The Pats looked horrible yesterday and deserved to lose that game.

cape brewing said:
bah.... If the pats hadn't completely gagged up about 27 third-and-longs all freakin' day to the jets offense, the call wouldn't have mattered. The pats looked horrible yesterday and deserved to lose that game.

+1

We don't have THAT much to whine about. They're still 5-2 (although that ratio will surely equilibrate.). The Red Sox are in the World Series, the B's were 17 seconds away from forcing a game 7 last year and look good so far. Hell, even the Revolution might make the playoffs. And the Green should be so farkin' bad they're in the lottery.

It could be a LOT worse. We could be NY.

Jim Leyland retired today. Classy of him to hold off on the official announcement for a couple of days so that the news stories would be about the Sox making it to the World Series, rather than his departure.

Gotta love this guy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim Leyland retired today. Classy of him to hold off on the official announcement for a couple of days so that the news stories would be about the Sox making it to the World Series, rather than his departure.[...]

I've always liked Leyland - old school manager but with more class than might be expected. But given Detroit's mood right now, I suspect the retirement was at the point of a gun...

Cheers!

Thunder_Chicken said:
This one is for all you insecure Massholes in the crowd (yeah, I'm looking at you PTN)

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw7EJ_mTmdM

Well that was three minutes of my life I'll never get back. Fortunately I've been dropping a deuce while watching so it wasn't a total waste of time. Excuse me while I flush.

prob 45 TV's in the building, all of which will have the game on, you could goto jake and joes, not as great a beer selection, but more sports themed. also there is a few places at patriot place. Bar Louie has a good selection and alot of tv's, cbs scene as well

Hey. I am going to be staying in Norwood on Saturday night. Any suggestions on where to watch the World Series?

Personally I'd say anywhere in Patriot PLace would work too.
Bar Louis has an OK selection of beer, CBS place, that country guy's place.
You're never going to find any super-rare beers at any of them (or yard house, for that matter) but they're all pretty sports centered.

How exciting is this!?!

I pity the fools that don't live in New England.

Ugh. Blige murdered the anthem. I hear she's a Yankee fan...

PLAY BALL!

Cheers!

bluemoose said:
Hey. I am going to be staying in Norwood on Saturday night. Any suggestions on where to watch the World Series?

Better place is bbc in Walpole. Not as loud food is better. Plenty on tvs. Over 20 beers on tap that flow we'll vs the way to many at yard house as they can't sell all those kegs that fast and keep them fresh

Word to any guy who's looking to have a job next year....

If you call off the infield and say "I've got it!" you ought to at least raise your arms up and sorta kinda try to catch it. Just sayin'

Moose,
I'm working around the yard all day on Saturday, shrink wrapping the boat, brewing and painting the shed, etc. I talked to SWMBO about having some friends over on Sat night. You're welcome to come over and join us. We'll be breaking in the new brick patio that my nephew AJ built for us. http://www.greenboyslandscapes.com/ AJ does nice work. We'll be out there using up the last of the garden harvest. I picked all the sage today and hung it up to dry. Planning on roast pork with sage, apples and squash, and the obligatory fire in the fire pit. Its a lot cheaper to drink here, even if the selection doesn't match the Yard House or BBC.

Better place is bbc in Walpole. Not as loud( comma)food is better. Plenty on (of)? tvs.( CAPS?) Over 20 beers on tap that flow we'll vs the way to many at yard house as they can't sell all those kegs that fast and keep them fresh

Jeezus H Christopher! Are you really that drunk before it's even the 3rd inning?

OK I've got a confession. I'm a lifelong Tolkien fan. I am SO looking forward to "The Desolation of Smaug"

Ya. I'm a geek. I know.
Hi, Paul! Welcome to the geeks club. I must confess that the last movie I saw in theaters was The Unexpected Journey.
I'm going to break a string of first night LotR movies seen - I'll be on my honeymoon that weekend - but will def. see it...

OK, Red Sox: How annoying is it when they change pitchers for every single batter. Oh, and it didn't even work out against Papi this time...

Back