Happy New Year!!! Any Brewing on the 1st?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm waiting for my 10 gal brewpot to come in the mail, and I'll be ready for my first AG. Any day now...

Brewed up a Marzen yesterday. I did a few little tweaks to the recipe so I should be able to sample this before I do my triple batch in March. Kegged up my porter too.

I just made up some starters so I'll probably be brewing the first in a series of German pils on Sunday. I'm going brew a bunch of the same recipe, changing only the flavor and aroma hops (only 4 oz of aroma). Magnum for bittering for all

I brewed up my first attempt at a house Pale Ale recipe yesterday. Went very smooth, and I just really enjoy using a march pump. Too bad I'm just borrowing the thing :(. Can't wait to see how this brew turns out!

Didn't brew anything new, but I bottled my CascadePA, and the hydrometer sample tasted awesome!

Also threw in a batch of Apfelwein on Tuesday (Ended up using D-47 yeast instead of Montrachet since the LHBS was out...guessing that'll leave it a little sweeter, but hopefully still delicious)

Only my second batch of beer. Also bottling my first batch from December, Belgium Pale ale.

I brewed 5 gallons of Coldwater 420 - SPA yesterday. I only wish I could drink it now -- the hops smelled sooo good. But having both of my primaries working makes me happy.

Chase, make sure you tell us how the GI clone goes. I love the Goose Island PA and IPA. I would like to try brewing it as well.

I brewed another batch of my dunkle.

My wyeast belgian didn't swell, so I threw it into a starter. Today it was still dead yeast in the starter. Dumped it, I guess I'll have to drink some chimay blue and get some live yeast.

B

Bottled my first batch (a lager) on the 31st Dec (NZ time)
Got another lager batch into the primary on the 1st Jan
Due to bottle a draught on 10th Jan
Due to bottle apfelwein 19th Jan

Brewed up an Amber ale on New years eve. Back in the day I would party to the whee hours of the morning, now I'm satisfied with staying home, brewing, and of course drinking a few in the process. :cross:

I brewed my huge imperial stout, patterned after Rogue's Imperial Stout, on the first. I think I'm gonna call it Conrad's stout (because heart of darkness has already been taken).

Brewed up a nice Brown ale today... The OG sample ended up being taste-tested by the roommates and me very sweet with a nice hope character... Hope it turns out well.

Latest posts

Back