Black IPA, first beer ever dumped

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W'10 is a pretty good representation of the style, but it's middle of the road. And they've stopped bottling it :( You have to go to the Gasthaus to have it now.

Just picked up a six of this last night, had two, interesting for sure. There are probably 7-8 more sixes there, on sale no less; would the Black age well (as in 6 mo - one year) as I wouldn't mind having it on hand but do not like it enough to drink it on a regular basis.

I had one of these and was slightly disappointed, given the quality of all the other Widmer brews I've tried. It wasn't bad, but it didn't make me say, "Wow, this is good!"

Now if you get your hands on a bottle of Deschutes' new "Hop In The Dark" Cascadian Dark Ale, you'll be in for a treat! I really enjoyed that one! :mug:

Now if you get your hands on a bottle of Deschutes' new "Hop In The Dark" Cascadian Dark Ale, you'll be in for a treat! I really enjoyed that one! :mug:

Yes, Hop in the Dark is GREAT. So is Hopworks Secession. My favorite could be Barley Brown's Turmoil, but it's not bottled. Oakshire O'Dark:30 isn't as good as I had hoped.

W'10 is a pretty good representation of the style, but it's middle of the road. And they've stopped bottling it :( You have to go to the Gasthaus to have it now.

I thought I read somewhere that the response was so overwhelming that they were going to make this a year round beer, just drop the "W'10" from the name. Of course, I can't find that source now.

Put me down on the list that loved Laughing Dog Dogzilla. Wow, it was utterly amazing!!!!! Next time someone wants to dump one out, dump it in my pint glass!!!!!! This weekend was my first Dogzilla and I promptly went out and bought a couple of bombers after we left the bar!!!!!!!!!!

I guess it might not be for everyone, but I think it is something special. I would love to get my hands on an extract recipe of it.

Back