Bottling Brew-genuity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrunkleJon

Objects in mirror are closer than they appear
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
While bottling my Bourbon Barrel Old Ale today, I noticed two 11X17 cookie sheets on my counter that lazy me hadn't put away after making granola the other day. I had one of those headaches with pictures... you know... whats it called... oh yeah, an idea and placed my bottles on the cookie sheets to catch any spillage.

32 bottles fit snugly and perfectly on each cookie sheet and the lords share of drips and slight overflow were all caught by the cookie sheets and I didn't even have to wipe down the counter afterwards. Go me! Now that I have been lazy, or as I prefer, energy efficient, its time to relax with a homebrew. maybe this will help someone else take some of the pain out of bottling day. Cheers!

I put my bottles on a towel on the floor, one quick wipe and I'm done.

I put a cookie sheet on the floor to catch any drippage from the bottle filler. I'll put another one on the counter for the bottles from now on though!

I use Revvy's method: bottle over the dishwasher door & close the door when done. No muss no fuss.

This! It's so easy. Even easier for me considering when I (rarely) bottle I clean, iodophor sanitize, then heat-sanitize using the super hot + hot dry features on my dishwasher. Then they're all racked upside-down, drained and ready to go.

Wish I had a dishwasher. Maybe I can get one of those newfangled gadgets when I find and buy a house to call my own and no longer rent. That's whats really holding my brewing back.

I use Revvy's method: bottle over the dishwasher door & close the door when done. No muss no fuss.

+1 on this. Dishwasher is the way to go.

Oh a side note, if you use the over method to heat sanitize your bottle, a cookie sheet is a great way to move them around. Of course, I gave up on bottles for kegs since its a fraction of the time.

Back