When did turn signals become optional?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's also the left-lane slowpoke.

Travelling 45mph in a 65mph zone in the left lane, blocking traffic from moving. And of course they get right next to you and just cruise.

My favorites are the people who cruise at one speed until you go to pass them and then their ego decides they're not going to let you pass them so they speed up. What the hell is that crap about?

Part of the reason I moved to New York is so I wouldnt have to drive any more. I am prone to unbelievable road rage due to the stupidity of other drivers.

My friend came to me years ago, his little brother had some jackhole force him to pull over because he didnt like the way he changed lanes. Instead of listening to his lecture said friend's brother beat the crap out of him with a bat in view of the guy's family.

Its only after years of not driving has this begun to look like an inappropriate reaction.

dfc said:
My favorites are the people who cruise at one speed until you go to pass them and then their ego decides they're not going to let you pass them so they speed up. What the hell is that crap about?

biggest D bags. I speed up, get in front, and start tossing munchkins at them through the sun roof. : )

Almost got reared by a Kenworth yesterday on the freeway. Apparently he didn't like the way I slowed down to 45 going through a construction zone clearly labeled for 45 MPH. Also I kind of had to because it was down to 1 lane and the old guy in front of me also decided to obey the posted speed limit...

Guy was hauling 2 trailers full of dirt or something.

My Mom was driving south from Sacramento about 15 years ago. It was late at night and a pickup pulls up behind her. He turns on his brights and then passes on the left. The guy starts throwing beer bottles at her and then forces her off the road and pulls off in front of her.

As he gets out of his truck and starts walking back to my Moms car his face goes instantly from rage to surprise as my Dad steps out of the passengers side with a tire iron. He had been sleeping with his chair fully reclined until the quick stop woke him. My Dad chased him around his truck a few times, beating the side of the truck with the tire iron to get his point across, before he let the guy jump in the truck and drive away.

My Mom still has no idea what she did to tick him off.

I drive a company car that has our logos and phone number all over it. I am a bull's eye for those drivers. I get cut off daily. If I pass a slow car, they accelerate and don't let me pass. Pisses me off. I also believe that drivers think that using a turn signal is a weakness. People here have to look and act like tough guys. Although most of the people that drive like idiots..., tailgating me when I am next to a big rig next to me and a car in front of me with no where to go, are young women. I have had people intentionally try to hit my car.

Back