Possible to have a bar with under bar keg storage / distribution?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidols

Reaction score
Hi All,

I had a thread with this question in the general forum, but one of the sponsors directed me to this area for some better insight.

Thought I would drop by here to get some insight, as a good home brewing friend of mine says you are a wonderful community.

I've got an idea for a bar location, however there is a problem as this is in a 2nd story location with no access to a cellar/storage area that would be accessible by beer lines.

6000x950x950mm is the area under the bar.

Anyone know of any setup that could handle 16/20/22 or so kegs in this sized area?

pictures for visualization.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

There is a small storage area / kitchen area (only small snacks served) which may be able to hold some type of glycol cooling compressor.

Cheers :)

Dave

So it's impossible to build a cold room and run lines through a wall in this location? And just have the taps on the backbar?

Also, who uses millimeters? I'm getting about 20 ft x 3ft x 3ft out of that (please correct me if i'm wrong) so that almost definitely rules out the high end of your hopes for keg storage. What's the diameter of a 1/2 bbL? I don't even know. 16 inches? Maybe you could put 16 crammed in there but probably more like a dozen.

Hi Hillhouse, cheers for your reply.

Sorry I am based in a country where we use metric. I've got SFO as my city as I spent some time there in the past and I'm trying to not give away too many details of where this location would be.

Its aiming to be a small craft beer bar with as much selection as possible (ideally 22 would be ideal to set a record).

Unfortunately this area is on the first floor of a historic building here, and has a fairly small footprint (2500 sq feet), with no access at all to a storeroom. from which lines could be run.

3.1 ft x 3.1ft x 20ft is about right for the area under the bar (can be slightly increased). Our kegs here are slightly smaller than the US kegs. Ours are 15.1 inch diameter.

Hmm ... Ok well I will try and talk to the landlord and see if one of the internal staircases (not used) can be modified as some sort of keg storage space.

Ok new question: Any specific group in the states that would auction / sell cheap or repossessed glycol systems?

Latest posts

Back