Mixed Crushed Grains

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtr6188

Reaction score
So i just recently did 2 5 gallon batches of Extract brewing and decided to buy a all grain setup. The only thing is i wont have all my tools and equiptment to brew it for another 2-3 weeks. I already got my Ingredients and my grains crushed. They are just mixed right now in a bag with a ziptie on the end. Is it going to be ok to store the crushed grains in that for 3 weeks or should i put it in something more air tight? I know this question has probably been asked before. But this is my first time doing All-Grain so just trying to do it right.

I hate to admit to this, but, I left crushed grains in a paper bag in my fridge for a month because brew day kept on getting pushed off. The beer tastes fine and I didn't see any issues with my grains. Mine was just a partial mash though.

Thanks. I think i should be good then. Heres another stupid question. Should Grains be Refridgerated? Or are they ok just being at room temp?

Oxygen, moisture, and bugs......those are the three things that will ruin grain.

Do your best to eliminate those three factors, and the grain will stay fresh.

Back