Craigslist kegerator, good buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jts15

Reaction score
image001.jpg

Just wondering what you guys think of this pic. Guy wants $75 for this setup. I was thinking of offering $50.

I was thinking of replacing the fridge and lines and putting it together as i went along.

Thanks for any advice.:mug:

Even at 75$, it's a steal. You'll need some parts to convert to homebrew kegs. If the fridge works, great, if not, scrap it.

two tanks, a regulator, sanke tap & beer faucet & fridge for $75 is a good deal IMO. I could see dumping that fridge for a full sized newer one.

nah dont dump it, use it, when you upgrade use it as a fermenter or lagering fridge. Its a good deal , even better if he takes 50. Tanks and regulator alone...good.

Thanks guys...just needed a push I guess. I'm pretty new to this.

Good call on the lagering fridge. I was thinking I would try to dress it up or scrap it...a new use is even better!

Now to put together a list of parts I'll need...prpbably post for more advice when that day comes.

Thanks again!

Seems like a good deal, but sweet Jesus, that fridge looks like it's from 1977.

Buy it! If the fridge works, I would shine / refurbish it. That thing will look cool w/ a little elbow grease and 2-3 bucks worth of paint. I'm thinking black or dark grey w/ the metal trim left as is...sweet.

You can keg your homebrew in sankes and use as is w/ a minimal investment in some new tubing.

Back