Help me hop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clemson55

Reaction score
I bought an IPA kit the other day but without the hops, because I have a bunch of hops in the freezer and some are starting to get a little to the older side so I wanted to get rid of them.

Heres whats in the kit:
5lbs light lme
4lbs amber lme
1/2lb crystal 20
1/2lb crystal 40
1/2lb victory

Heres the hops I have:
13oz Mt. Hood pellets
4oz Fuggles pellets
2oz Willamette pellets
2oz Cascade pellets
1oz Tett pellets
1oz Kent pellets
1oz Perle pellets
1oz Nothern Brewer pellets
1oz Perle leaf
1oz Cascade leaf

I was thinking maybe a Mt Hood only IPA or using the Fuggles Tett and Kent to make a more traditional IPA but I'm open to anything so throw up some options and help me out.

If you're looking to brew an English IPA, I'd bitter with Northern Brewer and use Fuggles and Kent Goldings for flavor or aroma additions.

Don't think I'd put Mt. Hood in an IPA, but that's me. I like that hop for so many other beers. I don't know how the extract in your kit was packaged, but if you can hold some back I'd make either an english IPA with the Kent and Fuggles or the american version with the cascade and wilamette. Shoot for 6.5-7% and and IBU of around 60. YUM!!

The five lbs. of light and a 1/2 lb. C20 with a little Mt. Hood and Tett would make a nice summer drinker as well. Use a clean yeast fermented 62-64 degrees and you' ll be grinning ear-to-ear at your neighbors from the seat of your lawn mower.

The 5lbs of light are in 1 tub the 4 lbs amber in another. But the grains were crushed for me and all together now. Although my SWMBO works about 5 min from the brew store so getting some other grains wouldnt be a big deal.

Latest posts

Back