The Perfect Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anonatypus

Reaction score
What is your favorite beer to brew and why? For me its been Hefeweizen because its easy, short, and I like the taste. I'd really like to get into brewing a Pilsner but economically its just not viable for me at the time, with the refrigeration and reracking and all.

Umm, APA with around 50% rye and a high attenuating english yeast. And American hops. I started out with about 25% rye, but I've gradually been increasing it because they keep getting better.

ya i love hefeweisens too like you said plus they get me drunk they get my friends drunk and they get my swmbo drunk

Anonatypus said:
What is your favorite beer to brew and why? For me its been Hefeweizen because its easy, short, and I like the taste. I'd really like to get into brewing a Pilsner but economically its just not viable for me at the time, with the refrigeration and reracking and all.

Hefeweizens as well. It's my favorite style and quickest to make. Healthiest too!

Next is an IPA, and now that I keg, I might get hooked on dry hopping in the keg.

Ipa's for me I love the smell when throwing a lot of hops in the boil. Plus they are one of my favorite styles.

An oatmeal stout because I know that I will get a nice head on it and nobody will notice the haze. Add to that the fact that I like to drink them and it's a win all around.

Well,lets see...hefeweitzens,pale ale,salvator doppel bock,great lakes christmas ale,saporro,to name a few. I miss the pilsner that was made in Cleveland. And carling black label. Used to love little king's cream ale too. Can't get that one too much anymore. I remember how we used to call the small bottles of that "little killers".

I vote for beer in general, I mean, you can't go wrong with it.

Actually it is whatever mood strikes me. When I think of my next brew, I just think about what I want or maybe what season is coming up etc...

ALL beer is perfect. :D

I'm focusing mostly on brewing ales, porters, and stouts from the British Isles right now... I tend to not make things in the lower ABV range (under 5%) when I have a choice (which is pretty much all the time)... Planning to brew an EESB, or IESB on Tuesday evening... :D I'm making the brew on Tuesday due to a lower ABV version came out really damned good...

I do have a cream ale fermenting now. Waiting to see how that comes out.

Back