Bayou Classic 80 Qt. Aluminum Stockpot $31

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrHops

Reaction score
I just went to the local Home Depot and noticed that they had these for $31. My local store has two, one in the box and one out but they are both brand new. I didn't buy one since I'm quite content brewing 5 gallon batches using extracts. However, since I know that many others here brew all grain and brew larger than 5 gallon batches I thought that I'd throw this out there. They were not anyplace special in the store, they were sitting on the shelf next to the 60 qt pots which were over $100 each. I guess that the huge ones just don't sell. Good hunting!!

Where do you guys find these places? The last time I was at a Home Depot, all I could find was some crummy turkey fryer kit stuck on a dusty shelf. Forget about an 80 quart pot for any price, let alone 31 bucks

They were at the store just off Sixes Road in Canton. I checked the store in Alpharetta today and they did not have any.

Where do you guys find these places? The last time I was at a Home Depot, all I could find was some crummy turkey fryer kit stuck on a dusty shelf. Forget about an 80 quart pot for any price, let alone 31 bucks

regional thing. There is call for larger pots in areas that do mudbugs and such

Boy and I thought I got a good deal by getting the 60-qt. for $39. (originally 113) at my Home Depot.

Oh well, I still think it's a good deal.

Is there any way to check which stores have these in stock online?

Oddly enough when I look up the SKU for the one I got, it says that it is "Online Only." I wonder if these were special orders that got returned to certain stores.

I'm up in the air about whether or not I want to use Aluminum, so I may be looking to sell my 60-quart (haven't taken it out of the box yet), or trade it for a 7.5-10 gallon SS pot.

Oddly enough when I look up the SKU for the one I got, it says that it is "Online Only." I wonder if these were special orders that got returned to certain stores.

I'm up in the air about whether or not I want to use Aluminum, so I may be looking to sell my 60-quart (haven't taken it out of the box yet), or trade it for a 7.5-10 gallon SS pot.

I'd love to get one of these for $31.. guess I'll have to drive around and check my local stores tomorrow. For those that got one... did they have a bunch on the shelves when you got yours?

Here's the deal (I just picked up an 80 qt for $31 and a 60 qt for $60) - Home Depot is switching vendors; from Bayou Classic to Brinkman. Although they don't advertise it, any Bayou Classic kettles are on clearance. My store told me the 60 qt will probably be reduced again at some point.

Back