Old to Ale - New to Home Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgt_bilko

Reaction score
Hi Guys and CHEERS!

I'm pretty new to this site and to home brewing for that matter.

Just to introduce myself a little - I work in the Rail Projects Recruitment industry but I was in the publican trade when I was much younger and even got me Nat licencee Cert...... And yet here I am as a bit of a newbie to Brewing in the Home (but very excited).

I'm on me 5/6th day of fermenting (Art of Brewing XXX) and a little stumped as to how long I should wait before I transfer it to the Presure barrell.

Please forgive me if this has already been answered in another thread and I will try my best to read em all but if you can bare with us as i'm a little worried about leaving it fermenting for too long and it going off.

Thanks in Advance to the Mods/Admin for this site as it well and truly :rockin: Rocks!

Regards Bilko - Sgt

I'm not a keg guy so take this with a small grain of salt, but I would let it go another week before I moved it. I like a two week uninterrupted ferment. There are few threads about bad results from patience but plenty with wailing and gnashing of teeth about hurried batches.

Back