my god. My longest boil ever!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
it's been two hours and I still need about 30 more minutes..

wasn;t paying attention and filled the keggle to the rim. (I cut my holes based on a brew bucket lid so thast about 52-53 liters)

10ish gallon (40L) batch.. argh.. It's 12:36am. I might just skip the chiller stage and go to bed after the boil and let it cool over night. <<sigh>>

Edit: OK, 1am.. and I have the chiller running after all....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... oops head fell on keybored, key baord, KEYBOARD... there. third times a charm.

Yeah, it was a last minute idea to add some malt to the second runnings from the big beer I made earlier that day. I call it the Mystery Bitter.

With grains and water it was almost overflowing the mash tun. I wasn;t sure how much sparge water to use so I was short and had to heat up more. Kept checking the water levels in the MT as it started sparging again.. Then looked over and saw the FW hops trying to overflow that kettle... oops..

Drained half a gallon into a bucket, boild for a bit till the hops were no longer floating, and added the wort back to the kettle.

Oh so fun. :D I'm staring at 40 gallons of fermenting beer right now. 10 from 2 weeks ago, 10 from 2 days ago and 20 from last night.

Interesting side note. I pitched the yeast for all 3 beers last night. The belgian started bubbling within an hour. The other two are just starting to bubble. I pitched a packet of windsor and safbrew 33 into the belgian.

Back