48 hour chill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuffmanAK

Reaction score
So I keep seeing folks say chill for 48 hours and just wondered why. I'm sure there's a reason more than just so it gets cold.

48 hours is for the majority of us impatient to try our beer types...a lot of what I've read says let them sit a week before drinking them....they're supposed to be clearer and not get show chill haze that way.....but I usually can't wait THAT long to try the first beer from a new batch.

Ya, I noticed a very little bit of chill haze in my brew. I tried my brew about a week and a half early this weekend, I've pics and will try to get a post up soon. Will say though that it tasted way better than I expected. All throughout the process my girlie kept saying how she never liked homebrew (her dad home brews, apparently from a kit only). She said how it always tastes like "liquid bread, and is gross".

I had her try one of mine, and she was like "Wow! That's delicious!". I can't wait to see how it is after it's spent the 3 weeks at 70F :D

Planning on kicking off another brew real soon, today or tomorrow. Looks like I'm hooked ;)

Back