Wanted: DFH Raison D'etre All Grain Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ultravista

Reaction score
Has anyone brewed a near perfect clone of DFH's Raison D'etre?

I have Sam's book, and the recipe for D.E. but I'm not sure it's the real-deal.

Looking for an all grain recipe and comments on the recipe published in the book.

I'm interested too and am ready to try this maybe this weekend.

I converted to allgrain and was searching to see if others have done it. Each clone recipe I saw had a full oz of big hops (Warrior or other) whereas the Extreme brewing book has only 1/2 oz. I am inclined to use the book.

Here is my take on the recipe (attached).

Let us know if you brew it. I'll do the same.

BannonB

raison detre.jpg

yuck. last time i had this stuff it was way too sweet. must've been old and the hops faded. it was so sweet it was gross. this isn't a perennial of mine so i'm not sure if i'm off base. i would go with the higher bittering just because if you let it sit time will correct the bitterness for you. if you under bitter something like this it'll be disgustingly sweet.

my 2 cents. ymmv. etc.

I have a few bottles that are approaching a year old. Didn't notice a difference in taste. They've been kept at ambient temp (around 80F) in a closet with a bunch of their friends.

I had a 4 month old bottle and it was fantastic, surprisingly I had it with shepherd's pie... and it was oh so good, even the girlfriend loved it, I wish I could find some new bottles... is this a once a year thing or what? I am not a big dogfish head person... perhaps I should google...

Back