Need a quick finishing beer recipe - partial mash

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigben

Reaction score
Ok, planning on having a halloween party on october 27th. I want to have a beer finished by then. I probably wont be able to brew until this Tuesday or Wednesday, the 2nd or 3rd. Also I will be kegging it.

This beer doesnt have to match the season or anything like an octoberfest beer. I iust want something that will be ready.

What type of beer is my best bet? I was thinking of doing a brown ale, they finish relatively quickly, right? Can you make a brown ale that will finish and carb in under 4 weeks? Any recipe ideas? I can only do PM and 5 gallons.

Thanks!

cool thanks, that looks like a good one.

I should also note, there will be a lot of 'crap' beer drinkers there so I don't want to overwelm their sensitive little pallets. Will a bitter be good for them?

Yes, this is a good all round normal British pub ale.

A good middle of the road brew with no out there flavours.

Different enough to be a talking point but pallatable for normal beer drinkers.
It's also a competition winner.

On my flavour rating out of 10 it 4
On my good beer rating out of 10 it's 8

So good beer without masses of flavour. Does that make sense?

It's not PM but depending on your set up just convert some of the Pale malt in to Extract and mash the rest.

Back