A Moment of Silence Please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It was my second AG brew...
It was my first kegging adventure...
It was my first foray into the world of "Porters".

Last nite my first kegged brew...Black Pearl Porter...expired.
As I poured what was to be a before-dinner appetizer, there was a sudden SPLURT...Guuuurrrgle,Phhhhttt and and distinctive SPLOP.

My glass had two inches of black gold at the bottom and 6 inches of luscious head. Twas a sad moment as my keg ran dry. I sat down immediately and nurtured every sip of that foam until I finally hit pay-brew at the bottom. Sweet.

A sad farewell to a companion who served me well for the past ... WHAT???? I only had that thing in a keg for 8 days? Sheesh.

So long old friend... *burp*. You will not be forgotten.

OK lets do this right . . .

THEN read this

BierMuncher said:
It was my second AG brew...
It was my first kegging adventure...
It was my first foray into the world of "Porters".

Last nite my first kegged brew...Black Pearl Porter...expired.
As I poured what was to be a before-dinner appetizer, there was a sudden SPLURT...Guuuurrrgle,Phhhhttt and and distinctive SPLOP.

My glass had two inches of black gold at the bottom and 6 inches of luscious head. Twas a sad moment as my keg ran dry. I sat down immediately and nurtured every sip of that foam until I finally hit pay-brew at the bottom. Sweet.

A sad farewell to a companion who served me well for the past ... WHAT???? I only had that thing in a keg for 8 days? Sheesh.

So long old friend... *burp*. You will not be forgotten.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait a second, that keg lived out its life in a purposeful manner. It did its job and moved on, you should be celebrating its life by filling that soldier right back up again with the beer you have waiting in the fermenter.

The day you open your fridge and you find that 5 gallons of freshly kegged beer has leaked out all over the place before you had a chance to enjoy it is the day you need to mourn.... I've been there, a sad day it truely is....

Monster Mash said:
The day you open your fridge and you find that 5 gallons of freshly kegged beer has leaked out all over the place before you had a chance to enjoy it is the day you need to mourn.... I've been there, a sad day it truely is....

The day a keg of mine does this is the day I kick that keg the 8 miles to the pepsi bottler that I bought it from, lol. ( well perhaps I wouldn't kick it that far seeing as I would most likely break my toe doing the first kick)

I try to check on newly filled kegs in the faint hope of catching it before it happens. I hope I never find out how you must have felt.:mug:

It was a loose hose clamp behind my new bar. Could've swore I checked everything after assembling the whole thing, lost a freshly filled Co2 bottle to boot.

Im not the only brewer that has had a keg of beer empty out, there's a lot of sad stories out there....

When a keg kicks Im kinda happy, it means a new batch is on the way!!

or you over carb them, or there was still some fermenting to do, or you over carb them... or you over carb them... orrrrrr over carbing them? atleast kegs dont explode...

:mug:

dibby33 said:
*Wipes tears from eye*

Damnit, I was chuckling when I read the first part of the thread, and then I cued up Amazing Grace on bagpipes from a movie soundtrack and I too, am tearing up like a kid who lost their candy.

/makes man grunt

Latest posts

Back