Orange Igloo Cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

instinct2

Reaction score
How are the orange 5 gallon igloo coolers compared to industrial igloo, rubbermaid, or gatorade coolers? Our local hunting store has them for $24.95. Seems like a pretty good deal.

Pros and Cons?

pros i use one for my hot liquor tank
you can use one for partial mashes
cons when you try to brew a big beer, assuming you brew 5 gallons, 12lbs+ of grain and water needed to mash is too much to fit in a 5 gallon, i would shoot for a t least a 10 gallon cooler

not a bad price tho

I use an orange igloo, but a 10 gallons one. Works great. But if you're going to use it as a mash tun, you'll want a 10 gallon cooler.

How are the orange 5 gallon igloo coolers compared to industrial igloo, rubbermaid, or gatorade coolers? Our local hunting store has them for $24.95. Seems like a pretty good deal.

Pros and Cons?

Industrial igloo is the cadillac of coolers. Rubbermaid is the kia. I have the kia. But... drilled some holes in the lid and filled it with expanding foam. It is now the Mitsubishi of coolers. Get the 10 gallon. First 1.070+ beer you try to make, you will be glad you did.

Back