Allagash white clone? anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewinBigD

Reaction score
So im pretty green to cloning recipes from taste,in fact this would be the first beer ive tried to reproduce. My buddys wedding is coming up and hes tasked me with building him a bachelor party beer similar to allagash white which ive only had once but it is outstanding. Has anyone brewed this before??

The beer called Wit Power in the Wheat and Rye subforum is supposed to be a clone. I can't say, because mine is only 10 days in the bottle. At bottling, there was a very strong flavor, I think of coriander, that at that stage did not appeal to me. I'll know more in 3 weeks.

There is also a recipe from rob in Brew like a Monk. It suggests using " secret spice" which many believe to be chamomile. Also, it was recently posted in this forum that the bottle conditioning yeast is in fact the primary strain.

Allagash White is a basic (and well brewed) Belgian Wit. It is likely spiced with chamomile in addition to the coriander and orange peel typical in Wits.

In Brewing Classic Styles Jamil outlines a basic wit recipe and how to spice it with coriander, orange peel and chamomile. I would suggesting seeking it out.

The beer called Wit Power in the Wheat and Rye subforum is supposed to be a clone. I can't say, because mine is only 10 days in the bottle. At bottling, there was a very strong flavor, I think of coriander, that at that stage did not appeal to me. I'll know more in 3 weeks.

is this an extract or all grain recipe? im lookin for AG

Back