First batch worries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArroganceFan

Reaction score
So its been a little over 24 hours and nothing yet from my first batch. I know I am just being paranoid, but after using the yeast fuel from AHB I expected the fermenting to start already. At the same time I know that it was liquid yeast and will take a while to start up since I couldn't do a starter. Just being impatient i suppose.

Cheers all, Hope you are all having a great night! :mug:

it will be great honey :tank:

EDIT: LMAO I am not talking to myself, the above line is from my wonderful wife, I have to say she is awesome.. She is rooting for me.

Wait a second...I think she just wants to drink my beer..........:ban: :ban: :ban:

The agony of waiting... I wonder if I am really cut out for this hobby. Got the ingredients for the second batch on order though, so I guess i'm giving it a shot. The waiting gets to me though...
"Ah crap, did something wrong ... is my beer gonna be ok???"
*one week later* -- ok, doesn't taste to bad.... "but the FG is off, is my beer gonna be ok??????"
*one week later* --- ok, FG hasn't changed, and it doesn't taste to bad, "Is my beer gonna be ok???"
*might as well bottle* --- "Am I gonna get bottle bombs???????" Must... wait... at... least... one... week... to... test...
* one week later - well, that's tomorrow ... * *must wait**** arggggggggggg!!!!

@$%#$^#$%!@#%#$^

*Relax*

%!@#!@$@%@#$ beer

and even if it does seem ok ... are they gonna explode next week?????
@%#^%@#$ it's like having children, but compressed into 4 weeks instead of 25 years...

grrrr.

Damn, Mike B beat me to it: RDWHAHB

The yeast could take longer without a starter, yes.

Your post is almost identical to mine 2 weeks ago 24 hours after I recked my first batch to the primary!:rockin:

Went downstairs to my basement after work today, and it seems to me that I have active fermentation going on. The top of the bucket is bulging a bit, with just a couple bubbles sitting in the airlock. Its starting :ban:

:tank:

Edit: Its starting to bubble pretty good :D

ArroganceFan said:
it will be great honey :tank:

EDIT: LMAO I am not talking to myself, the above line is from my wonderful wife, I have to say she is awesome.. She is rooting for me.

Wait a second...I think she just wants to drink my beer..........:ban: :ban: :ban:

At least your wife will drink your beer! Unless it's bud light or something similar my wife won't touch it. Oh well, 5 gallons for me!

Back