How about a REDO? Too late???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guscampag

Reaction score
I have about 20 bottles of still applewein that I bottled up abut 6 months ago in wine bottles and that, frankly, I am not too fond of. I carbed some of it and that is much more palatable.

Can I dump these 20 bottles into a bottling bucket now and carbonate using the normal method and put into beer bottles or is it too late to change?

thanks,

gus

Will you drink it like it is now? If not: what's to lose?

I had some mead that got bottled and turned into bottle bombs.

Aganist the advice of most people I opened all the bottles, poured into a carboy, put on an airlock and let sit for a couple days. rebottled and now have a drinkable product that doesn't explode.

Sometimes you just gotta try

I guess my main advice is to try and if it doesn't work, then "oh well" you weren't going to drink it anyway

My $.02

D

I guess that makes sense. I probably would drink it, but I just wouldn't enjoy it. Pretty adverse to throwing anything away, I'm afraid.
thanks,

gus

Will you drink it like it is now? If not: what's to lose?

+1. I'd do it.

BTW, I have some apfelwein just fermenting now, and I wasn't sure whether I wanted to carb it or not. Based on your comment, I'll be carbing. Thanks for that.

Back