Ale to the Chief?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This reminds me. I'm supposed to be brewing the other White House beers and looking for beers liked by various Presidents to brew too. I've a lot of brewing to do.

Use the search function to find all the other posts about the WH beer.

The search function is useful for finding other discussions that have been posted about other topics.

I missed the charged up comments... But anyway, back closer to the topic, has anyone brewed those WH beers? Northern Brewer has them for sale but i've been putting it off for more seasonal stuff.

I haven't done the Porter, but a friend and I brewed an all-grain conversion the White House Honey Ale, and it was quite tasty, more or less a slightly higher gravity slightly under-bittered ESB.

Found this interesting article on CNN.com just now now beer and presidents.
http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2013/01/18/berrong-on-beer-this-inauguration-in-hops-we-trust/?hpt=hp_c3

Its filled with some interesting tidbits. And since it is news to me that Madison wanted to appoint a Secretary of Beer, he may very well be my new fav. President!

Cool article. Here's the dope on Madison, from a related link:

3. As president, James Madison proposed creation of a national brewery and appointment of a "secretary of beer." But Congress wouldn't go along. If such a Cabinet position existed today, who might fit it? Actor George Wendt of "Cheers," perhaps? Or Windell Middlebrooks, who portrays the Miller High Life truck driver who confiscates beer from overpriced establishments?​

Several of us here brewed the beers. I think the White House honey ale was brewed most. Quite a few of us also posted along with one another in the brewing threads about them. I like it, just put some in the fridge and will brew more.

Back