Hello from Albany!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slive

Reaction score
Hiya! New guy here, still excited to brew my first batch! A nearby brew supply store was having a moving sale, so I got a basic brewing kit that should have about everything I'll need (gotta pick up a thermometer and measuring cups) for $75 and another pre-made kit for the beer itself (a partial-mash kit, I guess?) for $25.

I got excited about brewing when my brother started a year or so ago. He let me try some of his homebrews and I thought it was amazing that he could make his OWN beer that was really good! He's sending me the books he used to get started, so I'll read up and get brewing!

I figure that I'll use those pre-made kits for my first couple brews while I get the process of brewing down, then when I'm comfortable with how everything works I'll start branching out and trying to make my own recipies. I'll definitely read up on these forums for advice, you all seem to know what you're talking about.

Cheers! :mug:

Welcome to the forums!

Which Albany? I'm guessing not New York - I visit the only HBS in the area, and I hope he hasn't moved on me!

Ah...Albany...(assumes he means NY).

I remember sitting in the back seat of Dad's 1968 Ford Fairlane station wagon traveling back home to Plattsburgh, NY from Albany at the holidays.

Like a scene from The Christmas Story that trip was. About 10 miles outside of Albany, we get hit with the blizzard of the century. Dad throws the chains on the tires and we end up following a snowplow accross the state at 22 MPH.

I had the misfortune to have enjoyed a chili dog and two Dr. Peppers before we left the mall in Albany.

Ahhhhh. Memories....

It's gotta be Albany, NY because if he was from Georgia he wouldn't have written the city and assumed everyone knew which one he was talking about.:)

Welcome :mug:

Yep, I went to Hammersmith! I haven't checked out Hennessy yet, so I can't really compare. Hammersmith seemed to have everything I would need, although I think they're still in the process of getting everything from one place to the other.

Once I go visit Hennessy, I'll be able to make a better judgement as to which I'll frequent. Hammersmith is just the closest one to my house.

And yeah, I meant NY, sorry for the confusion, haha!

Back