Honey Weizen - which yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexavery

Reaction score
I'll be making the Honey Weizen kit from Midwest. What yeast would you suggest and why?

1. Danstar Munich dry yeast
2. White Labs 300
3. Wyeast 3068

Well the WL and Wyeast are the same yeast just different packaging and the Danstar Munich dry yeast is cheaper.... and it the end they will all produce a good beer, so if you want to save a few bucks I'd go with the Danstar....

I'll be making the Honey Weizen kit from Midwest. What yeast would you suggest and why?

1. Danstar Munich dry yeast
2. White Labs 300
3. Wyeast 3068

Just bottled this same kit. I used the Danstar dry simply because I'm lazy and cheap. Everything smells and tastes great. The honey really added some extra fuel for the fermentation fire. I had to give it a few extra days in the primary than the directions called for. I can hardly wait to taste the final product.

with a weizen I would use the liquid yeast as the yeast will add a lot to the beer. You dont want a neutral yeast

Latest posts

Back