Help me pick a PID

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtp137

Reaction score
I started my automated journey with an STC-1000 because I didn't have a clue what a PID was, I am getting tired of the overshooting temperature and what to replace with a pid. i bought a cheap rex c100 on amazon for 10 bucks but I am sending it back because I am having issues calibrating the temp. Should I spend the money and get the auberin or get the cheaper mypin? Does the mypin overshoot? Does it have auto tune?

I have the Aubrins because it was my first setup and everyone said they were the best.If I did it again I would get the Mypin or something cheap and that includes the temp probe and wire.It just monitors the temp.Nothing more nothing less. The auto tune didn't do crap for me and I had to call Aubins a few times when I first set it up.Just make sure whatever you buy has manuel mode,you need it for the boil

I like the Auber, for the great instructions and support. "The poor man buys his tools twice". I would IMHO get the auber. It's amazing what these things can do and your going to have it for a long time.

I have four Mypins in my gas-fired HERMS/RIMS rig, though only three of them are being used in PID mode. They had no problems autotuning to my system and overshoot is not a problem. I did buy the PT sensors from Auber, though. Those are excellent. Just be sure to select the appropriate PID version; either SSR output (TA4-SNR) or relay output (TA4-RNR). Depends on what you are controlling and on how you are controlling it.

Back