Devil Dog Ale....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewagentjay

Reaction score
So I made a H ABV Beer using Stone Arrogant Bastard as base.........

Had OG of 1.085 and now is 1.015 after 22days in primary. I racked to secondary today........Nice color but if I do my math correct I'm at just around 9.19 percent, so did my yeast die?

I checked it around 11 day mark and I was just over 1.016 perhaps 1.017ish

I used Nottingham Dry Ale Yeast. Two Packs.......

I was curious about bottling if I need to pitch yeast or what not......

First big beer I did.......:rockin:

If you pitch 1/2 pack of yeast and it didn't need it... no down side.

If you DON'T pitch the half pack of yeast and you DO need it... no carbonation. Mess.

Your choice.

Me, I probably wouldn't. My rule of thumb is >10% or more than 2 mo. in fermeter (ale) or more than 1 month less than 40F.

If you pitch 1/2 pack of yeast and it didn't need it... no down side.

If you DON'T pitch the half pack of yeast and you DO need it... no carbonation. Mess.

Your choice.

Should I wait a week in secondary see if I get any more fermentation?
1/2 Pack of what kind of yeast you think? I'm just wondering what yeast doesn't have a problem with over 9% ABV......

I think I'll take the second option just need to know what to pitch.....

No but I can get it at LHBS.....I need to get some Bombers for this brew anyway...
The question would be should I pitch it now like say tomorrow or wait a week see what's up with SG readings?

Best to mix it into the bottling bucket at bottling time. Might flocc out if you put it in too early.

So it's an IIPA? Dan Daly Double?

It was a altered Arrogant Bastard Clone extract.... It's at 1.015 I'm hoping to hit 1.012 then bottle.......

Curious 1/2 pack yeast at bottling time in crease bottle bomb chances?

I plan to re-create it in a AG Method soon sort of version 2......

I guess you could call it an IIPA what does Arrogant Bastard fall under?

Bump...I'm heading to LHBS to pick up some S-05 so I'm gonna put a half pack in bottling bucket see what happens.

had the first one today and it's the best damn beer I have ever had and my best batch ever........second beer to bring a real tear to my eye when I finished the pint.

IMG00194.jpg

As requested. This is my drinking mug........

Well running low on Devil Dog Ale so got to brew her again.......I have had few people taste it and they all say wow damn good beer even my light beer drinking friends, so gonna keep conver it to AG and see if I can get same results.

Back