recipes for leftover Belgian Aromatic and Briess Special Roast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twd000

Reaction score
I have about 2 lbs of crushed Belgian Aromatic Malt and 1 lb of crushed Briess Special Roast Malt (6 row, 50 L)

What recipes could I try to use them up? Probably not the same recipe; the Special Roast label suggest nut brown ale and porter.

I can do extract, partial mash, or all-grain.

Which Belgian ales use a lot of Aromatic?

I use aromatic malt in one of my IPAs! Only 6-8 ounces, but it gives it a great malty nose and flavor. You can also use it in any beer you want a "malty" flavor and aroma to- a California common, most any lager, a "Dead Guy" clone, an American amber, and so on.

For the special roast, I think "British" beers. A bitter, pale ale, English brown, and so on. Not too much, but a little, will bring a warm biscuity flavor to the beer.

So, pretty much any style really! It depends on what you want to make, and what hops you want to use. We can come up with something great.

Great - I found the Brewing Classic Styles Belgian Dark Strong Ale recipe uses a full pound of aromatic, and I'll use the rest for specialty grains!

Back