Belgian to Secondary Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vidarien

Reaction score
Heres my question:

Im making a fairly potent belgian ale at the moment, and i threw it in the primary 7 days ago today, and roughly 12 hours after i put it in, its been fermenting a storm. Gas discharge through the blowoff tube roughly every 10 seconds. Now...I would like to transfer it to secondary conditioning today in one of my 5 gal carboys to free up my bucket for another brewday today, but...its still bubbling in the blowoff bin, admittedly perhaps slightly less than the last few days, but still consistent.

Thoughts?

Don't move it while in active fermentation. Go out and buy another bucket (just sayin) - would be cheaper than risking ruining your brew by moving it while it's still actively bubbling.

I second that. Let it finish fermenting first before racking. I'd go out and get another carboy. You'll be thankful later that you bought another carboy. If you can swing it, get 2.

Latest posts

Back