Lansing Music and Microbrews Festival

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else planning on going to the Lansing Music and Microbrews festival this April? Wife and I and a couple of friends will be there. Might need to plan on wearing a winter coat though...

I think we're planning on bringing the kids with us because a) it's Easter weekend so family stuff down that way, and b) older one is looking to transfer to MSU, so we might be checking out the campus when not at the festival.

Ah. I don't have anything like that on hand at this time. I've got a nice Belgian Pale Ale in bottles and an Imperial Stout and Belgian Golden Strong Ale in carboys that need bottling. I've got a Rye Pale Ale that I'm not fond of on tap and a Scottish /70 I just put in the kegerator. Also I have some Old Ale in bottles.

I've got plans to brew a Pale Ale or IPA soon, but sap season and remodeling are in the way.

heh yeah. I normally don't have one of those on tap but this year it just happened by chance that I do (though I have not tasted my American Wheat yet). I figured I would post it on this thread since they overlap :D

It's getting close. I have to go hang out at the MIL's house and do some fix-ups. I guess it's kind of a karma payment system. We also have to pack a bunch of my daughter's things up and prepare her for moving back home for the summer. Probably need to do as much as possible on Friday Morning while I still feel ok.

A good time was had by all. Friday night was fun. Saw a few good bands and drank a bit of craft beer. Woke up with a mild headache, which disappeared by Saturday evening.

Saturday saw my band Euforquestra as well as a few others I had not heard before, and the band O.A.R., which I didn't know I'd heard on the radio before. They sounded better on the radio, to be honest. The crowd was into them though.

I paced myself better on Saturday. Someone was selling chocolate with bacon bits mixed in. My wife did not want me to get the habenero version, but I did pick up the pepper bacon version. Pretty good!

Heard it was a pretty good draw crowd wise sadly I had family obligations so I couldnt make it. A friend of mine went on Sat. and was a little disappointed as most of the small batch stuff sold out Friday. Note to self go the first day next year. They had some of my fav breweries though in Lagunitas, Green Flash, Greenbush from and Oddside besides the staple Mi. brands like Founders, Bells, Dark Horse and Shorts etc. Hope it comes back next year, cuz I'll def be there.

Yeah, there was stuff on Friday that they didn't release until Saturday. That way people that only came on Saturday could still enjoy a rare treat. Greenbush doesn't have a big name yet, but their beer is great!

The problem I have is that I am a lightweight, so I have to choose carefully. I'm done drinking way before I have a chance to taste all I want.

Latest posts

Back