2nd Batch ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rezilynt

Reaction score
I just bottled my first batch and am ready to start the second!
I wasn't thinking about summer aproaching this quickly when I decided to make my first batch a stout. My issue is that my best friend and his wife will be coming out to visit in 5 weeks. I would really like to have a summer ale ready for when they get here (Bellingham, WA).
Any ideas on a beer I can have ready by then or is this just too soon?

Congrats on your first brew! I think a summer, pale or blonde ale would be perfect and light enough to be ready in time. 5 weeks is just enough time IMHO...2 weeks in the primary, 3 weeks in the bottle! Are you doing extract, PM, or All Grain?

Oh yeah...welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the welcome.
I'm not sure that I'm ready for AG yet. I would love to do a mixture of extract and grains to get my feet a little wetter.

Bavarian Hefe...

...on the bright side, if you can hold off on touching the stout for a while, it should be great come the fall!

BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde is a quick turnaround recipe. It'll be better when they're gone, but if you haven't seen your friend in a while, there probably won't be anything left to get better!

+1 on the Bavarian Hefe. Specifically Edworts Bavarian Hefe. I have brewed 4 batches of it and everyone has turned out great. The best thing about it is that it's ready in 4-5 weeks. Perfect timing for your guests. I brewed a batch 3 weeks ago and racked it yesterday....it was already great at only 3 weeks.

Back