Looking for some advice on a ferm chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vogtenstein222

Reaction score
A few years ago a friend gave me a red bull cooler, the upright "can" style like you'd find in a gas station. I'm thinking about removing the cooling fans and using them to build a fermentation chamber. Has anyone here ever done that? Does anyone have advice on it?
Also, I'm looking at using a shipping crate from my work, insulating it of course, as the body of the chamber...are there recommended sizes, insulation materials, etc.?

I just saw a thread in which an electrical engineer was making a ferm chamber out of a True display cooler. I assume it'd be pretty similar. Try checking out that thread.

Sorry, don't know how to grab the link using the iPhone app!

heckels said:
I just saw a thread in which an electrical engineer was making a ferm chamber out of a True display cooler. I assume it'd be pretty similar. Try checking out that thread.

Sorry, don't know how to grab the link using the iPhone app!

Ya that's where I'm a bit stuck, sometimes my search function works, sometimes it doesn't so I just settled for posting a new thread.

Latest posts

Back