Dead Guy or Arrogant Bastard?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myersn024

Reaction score
Anyone in the DFW area know where I can get some Dead Guy or Arrogant Bastard? I've heard so much about them and I'm dieing to give them a try. I'll be near Sherman tomorrow, so if there a good place there post it up.

TIA.

Sherman is still a few miles from Dallas. You'll have a drive. You can probably find Arrogant Bastard at the beer and wine stores in Plano as you're heading down 75 toward Dallas. Many small beer and wine stores sell both AG and DGA.

The many liquor stores in Addison (Addison road south of Beltline) are a good bet for AG. Goody Goody has it. But sadly, most of them don't carry the Rogue brews.

All of the Whole Foods grocery stores sell several of the Rogue brews. I usually pick up both Dead Guy Ale and Shakespeare Stout at Whole Foods.

Check out Mr. G's in Plano. Take W. 15th street exit off of 75 and head west to Coit. I haven't been there, but judging by comments on the ratings page at Beer Advocate, it sounds like you'd score, and you won't have to drive all the way in to Dallas.

Thanks for the quick reply. Looks like I'll be hitting the nearest Whole Foods. I'll actually be in Howe which isn't quite all the way to Sherman.....but pretty damn close.

You're welcome. According to Google Maps, its 40 miles from Howe to Mr. G's. Howe is actually south of Sherman a few miles.

Your nearest Whole Foods is at 2201 Preston Rd. It's slightly closer than Mr. G's, about 37 miles from Howe. Use the Google Maps from the Store Locator at the Whole Foods web site.

I've already checked it out and have a plan of action for the day. I'm not coming home today without some Dead Guy or Arrogant Bastard.....today won't be a total success unless I find both.

Just so everyone knows, today was a success. The Market Street in McKinney had both DG and AB along with a bunch of other stuff that I wanted to try...like Hop Devil. I'm definitely going back.

All I gotta say so far is Arrogant Bastard is good stuff!!!! It was a bit of an acquired taste for me, but I gotta say that getting a bit snookered off one bottle is pretty nice.

I didn't get any Hop Devil while I was there. I didn't want to look like an alcoholic when I checked out :D. I'll definitely go back and get some more, different stuff in a couple of weeks.

Well after trying both DG and AB, I have to say that Arrogant Bastard is off the chain hook! Unfortunately I'm not too impressed with Dead Guy. The initial taste is good, but it finishes too ...................well I don't know how to describe it, but it is too (fill in blank with appropriate adjective).

Brewpastor said:
...too much like somebody sanitized with piss?

You almost need the link to the thread that escalates that comment from funny to hysterical - lol.

Back