good wine making book?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myersn024

Reaction score
I know absolutely nothing about making wine...I make my own beer though. My dad has started making wine, but so far all he's used is the kits that have the juice concentrate and all the fining agents included. Can anyone recommend a good book or website that outlines making your own wine from fresh grapes? I'd appreciate it alot.

TIA.

I can recommend C.J.J. Berrys 'First Steps in Winemaking'

Link

I've heard it referred to as the Bible of winemaking before.

I was given this book and i wine kit for Christmas and it tells you every thing you need to know, it also includes 150+ recipes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would reccomend , The Way To Make Wine
How to craft superb table wines at home
By Sheridan Warrick
I own this book it is easy to read and very informative on everything from equipment and beginner wine making, right down to advanced techniques. Very good book.

For a great website, try Jackkeller.net. The site is tricky to navigate at first, but when you scroll all the way to the bottom, you can click on a beginner's category, and it walks you step by step through the process. Also, there are literally hundreds of recipes for wine.

Lorena

Back