Christmas / Holiday Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WorldCup82

Reaction score
Hey All,

This is my first post here so I'd like to say hello to everyone...

I know this is a bit late but I'd like to make a Christmas / Holiday brew. I have little experience, 1 batch, and it didnt turn out so hot. I have been looking but I can't find any recipies that match my search. I am looking for a simplistic vanilla/cinnamon beer with somewhat detailed steps.

Anyone help?

Thanks

Dan

welcome!..

I just brewed my christmas ale on friday, i dont think youre too late!

I did the AHBS "our special holiday ale".. kit was about 28 bucks before shipping.. included nutmeg, cinnamon, and other spices.. looks really good..

Hey guys, thanks for posting...

I would be looking to brew an extract beer and steep with specialty grains (this is what I did my first time). Any recipies with directions you can point me to? I would really need to brew it this Saturday so getting a kit wouldn't help me much (shipping time). Although if you could list off the ingredients for that AHBS brew and maybe scan those directions, I could pick up the ingredients at my local shop. That would be fantastic.

Thanks again!

Dan

Thanks!

Here's the extract brew I brewed this past Saturday. This is from memory since I'm at work, so if something looks off, it probably is. And forgive the format, it's the easiest way I can put'er down for you.

Steep Specialty Grains 20 Min @ 150:
1/2# Crystal
2oz. Black, Carafe, or Chocolate (I forget which one I used, but it was a dark grain)

One Hour Boil of:
5# Light LME
2# Amber LME
1# Clover Honey
1oz. Cascade Hops

30 Minute Boil of:
1 more oz. Cascade Hops

10 Minute Boil of:
3 Tsp. Cinnamon
4 Freshly Grated Orange Peels
1 oz. Ground Ginger

2 Minute Boil of:
1/2 oz. Saaz Hops

Pitched Safale US-56 American Ale Yeast at 70-75 degrees.

Obviously you can play around with the recipe as you choose (boil all 2 oz. of Cascade for 60 mins for example), but I know mine smelled and looked pretty good as it went into the fermentor. And was bubbling away 24 hours later (with no starter).

Thanks! Looks great!

I will try to see if I can buy everything for Saturday and then start brewing! :)

Anyone know of any places that overnight ingredients?

Dan

Back