Advice needed on Hops substitution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ethangray19

Reaction score
I want to make an Arrogant Bastard clone that I have made before but itcalls for 4oz of chinook and I only have 2.8 oz of chinook and 3oz of cascade hops.

How can I best use the hops I have to make the beer as close to the original recipe as possible, maybe even a little extra hoppy?

One last thing is the cascade hops have been in my fridge for 8 months and the chinook for about 3 months. Both are in ziploc bags with as much air out of the bag as I could and they are wrapped in alluminum foil tightly.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated:mug:

Brew it. Keep good notes.

The thing is we are going to be flooded with hops when the 2010 harvest comes in. Between now and then you are either going to learn new tricks, or be stuck in the 20"00" decade.

Your call.

what do you think just use chinook for bittering and cascade for flavor and aroma??

thanks

shameless bump...

but I really would like to know if any of you out there know how much my hops ahve change/lost bittering abilty/ etc in the past 3months and 9months in the fridge??

thanks

Back