how will this turn out? pilsner brew kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adanac58

Reaction score
i didnt have any buckets handy and all my carboys are VERY dirty , so i just stepped it down a little because i only had an 18 L water jug , i used about 3 quarters of the malt, about a half bag of sugar . the malt extract i am using is made by "brew canada pilsner beer kit " the potential alcohol on the hydrometer read at about 7% , ive never made this kit before so... what should i expect? by the way the kit came with coopers brewers yeast a 7 g packet , thanks all . oh , and i used tap water also to brew ( dont even have 5 bucks to buy a few gallons of good spring water , i just happened to have a few malt kits kicking around from a while ago )

thanks all for your helpfullness , please exuse my improper punctuation and maybe any other mistakes im un aware of, since ive been awake for a long time LOL

Why are all your carboys very dirty?? Naughty naughty!!

Anyway, seems like your beer will turn out ok, drinkable, probably not win any prizes at the local homebrew competition but will go well with burgers hot off the grill. Don't plan to operate any heavy machinery after a couple mugs.

Why are all your carboys very dirty?? Naughty naughty!!

very true, its easier when they are fresh to clean them.

on a side note, personally if I didn't have 5 bucks to spend on spring water, I would wait on brewing. I know its hard but the first step is Accepting you have a problem :cross:

Back