Reusing 5l keg cans?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artyboy

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried this? I just finished a 5l keg of Newcastle. I ripped out the dip tube and managed to keep the hole in pretty good shape. There's something banging around inside, though. I have no idea what it is and I'm not sure if I can get it out without completely ripping the top off. Any ideas? Has anyone figured out a way to make use of these?

e5lhli.jpg

I also have a Kulmbacher Edelherb 5L keg. It's got a hole in the top and a spout at the base. I don't want to ruin the hole in the base by ripping the spout out. I'm not sure what my other options are for using it.

efexax.jpg

Any more details? Like where to find them maybe? I did a search and couldn't find any information.

You are looking for a 2 piece bung. The ones I have are grey rubber with a plastic piece you push into the keg and retrieve later.

These bungs will work for the kulmbacher keg but the newcastle leg looks like the heineken style. As fas as I know there is not a bung for those type.

you can't reuse the newcastle one...its just like the heineken kegs...there is a co2 device inside and you can't remove it without destroying the keg.

Back