The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Winter in New England. Mid January. Mid 60's. WTF? Finished brewing the Moose Drool and Tallywhacker Light. Time to work on the Xmas Decoration-ecotmy with a Josh Weikert Cream Ale I guess.

IMG-5638.JPG

They were on the ice at Delaney this morning as well.
Lovely day, but one step off the driveway and my boots sunk an inch.
Entire property is saturated with melt. No yard work today...

Not everyone in The Commonwealth sound like the characters in Good Will Hunting, son.

I grew up in Central Mass, went to college in Denver, lived for a few years on the Olympic Peninsula, before working my way back home. I confuse the hell out of people trying to pin down where I'm "from". It's fun :D

Not everyone in The Commonwealth sound like the characters in Good Will Hunting, son.

Worst Boston accents evah, and they ah from heah. It f’in embarrassing. Trying so hahd to sound like they ah from heah they sound like they had sticks up theyah asses.

Hey it’s not just about the r... down state NYers don’t pronounce r on the end of many words. We also add those unused Rs to other words. Lucky for me I learned about that when I was “upstate” for a summer music program, and it came in handy when I went to college in Nebraska and was able to assimilate.

Some of us don't have accents, but maybe that's 'cause we aint really massholes. (born in LA, later youth in Detroit, ('cept when was sent south to boarding school)).

Am an islandah now though, last 40 years anyway, I'm mashed in, outside in a gale, as I write this, and I haven't been off cape for over 3 years.

My mom grew up a block away from the L Street Tavern. I'll slip back into it if I'm not careful. People normally get rid of it after local schooling. Kind of thinking of it, my teachers had some of the worse accents growing up.

I have to agree with @bluemoose , Medfud seems the worst. I'm in Western MA and there is no accent here. But I'm originally from East TN and had to lose *THAT* accent when I worked as an RA in the international dorm in Chapel Hill for years. People have *NO* friggin clue where I'm from. Not even me.

Jeebus H Christmas, lmao at "How do you get that close a shave on your face" :D

But, see, there again, Hoppy, this is what happens when your education is television and movies. And RedZone.
Sad...

Back