Wanted Threefloyds Gumballhead clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OOOOhhhh, very nice.
How come you got that one short bottle in the back right though? :rolleyes:

Coincidentally, I bottled mine yesterday too. First beer i've ever made. I skipped the steeping grains since I didn't know what those were a few weeks ago, hahaha. Now I'm more educated. Hopefully it'll still be good.
I used US-05.
OG 1.052
FG 1.010

Not sure this tastes like a gumball. Also, i've never had 3F's gumballhead, so I am not sure if my tastebuds even have the capability to detect that particular type of delicious taste from within a beer.

I got 45 bottles out of my 5 gallon batch because of lots of trub. Looks like you beat me by 36oz.. Cheers!!!

A little bit more than that

2328.png

The shortie is a hooegaarden bottle, I think those are the shortest in my collection. I have a few 11.2oz floating around. I probably had a couple pints and a half left in the bottling bucket, but there were some hop bits that would have been pulled into the bottle so I didnt bother with that. I did fill up two quart-sized mason jars with the trub and yeast. So, I think I wasted 3/5 of a gallon when it comes down to it, though two quarts of yeast will have a quick turnaround for a vanilla porter this week.

The gumball taste is there, its so strange.

I know this is an old thread, and sorry to revive it with a stupid question, but please go easy on me. I am relatively new to brewing, but I have done about six 5 gallon batches from extract kits and had good results. I am now ready to attmpt my first all grain batch, and I am planning to try this out.

My question, is that the recipe posted says:

All Grain Recipe - Gumball Head Wheat ::: 1.052/1.012 (6 Gal)

Is this really a six gallon recipe, or a 5 gallon? What I mean, is what is my post boil wort volume supposed to be (what goes into the fermentor)?

Latest posts

Back