Strangest experience ever! (paranormal?!)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scientists always want to explain. Thing is there is too much in our universe that cannot simply be explained away, no matter how hard one tries. Sure there are things that have precise explanations as to the how's and why's. I myself often look at the cause and effect aspect, but have often wondered if that in itself is merely a physical representation of a deeper reality (or that indeed there is an explanation, yet perhaps not one that is comprehensible by us :D). After all in the end one must consider the possibility that we are more than flesh and bone and that things exist beyond our own comprehension. We want explanations because explanations make us feel safe, but in the end we are all still left with some very basic unanswerable questions about life in general that one must come to one's own conclusion on.

One obvious question I might ask is have either you or your wife been searching for answers beyond yourself lately?

FlyGuy said:
I really don't believe in ghosts, but my grandparents swear their house was haunted. Weird things would always happen -- the front door would never stay shut, even when the stiff deadbolt was latched. If they were downstairs, they would hear VERY loud thuds, like something very heavy dropping to the floor. They would come upstairs, and nothing was out of place to explain the sound. They would also hear the very clear sound of footsteps walking around upstairs when nobody else was home. A few years ago my grandma admitted to me that she was scared to pieces every time she had to do laundry in the basement on her own -- she always felt like someone was watching her. The really weird part is that they had this strange little room in the corner of the basement that connected to two other rooms. My grandma said that room was ALWAYS cold, even though it was well insulated. In fact, before my grandfather died, he used to put space heaters and stuff in there just to warm it up (I think he wanted to use it as an office). Anyways, my grandmother said it always just felt freezing cold in there, even though it was the warmest room in the basement according to the thermometer.

What is funny is that she only ever mentioned any of this to us grandchildren when we were all grown up. We had a retirement party for my folks last year that brought the whole family together, and my aunts and uncles and cousins all got talking about that house and all the weird experiences -- I remembered them right away from when I was a kid. All of my cousins remembered that creepy room that we were all terrified of, too. But nobody had talked about it or the other weird stuff openly before, even though clearly it had made a lifelong impression on us all.

Anyways, to make a long story short, after 15 years in that house, as soon as my youngest aunt moved out, my grandparents sold that house and moved into the house right next door. I never knew why until my grandmother all told us why a year ago.

Man, that's really scarry. I read your story last night before going to bed and all my hair was standing up on end. I couldn't turn out the lights and had to ask SWMBO to do it!

Beerthoven said:
During the Jimmy Carter administration when the embassy hostages were being held in Iran, my mother would wake up every night at 4:44am and not be able to fall back asleep. The hostages were released after 444 days in captivity. After that my mom was able to sleep through the night again.

Until she started having dreams about fire. Eventually they got so bad that she took my brother and me (parents were divorced) to stay the night at our aunt's house. Our house burned down that night.

Other stuff like this happens fairly frequently to her. If she tells me she's been dreaming about something, then I pay attention.

I have a very active dream life as well. I can lucid dream, and I can remember dreams I had when I was 2 or 3 years old.

When I lived in Missoula, Montana I would often stay over at my g/f's house (now my wife). She lived in an old house and her room was in the basement. (The valley that Missoula now occupies was sacred land to the Native Americans.) Also in the basement was an old well that had been capped with a concrete cover. I used to have recurring vivid nightmares of a dark figure with red eyes clawing its way out of the well and falling on us in the middle of the night. I would wake up screaming and thrashing when I had these dreams.

Eventually I had a lucid dream where instead of being attacked by the figure, I stood up and was able to keep it from coming into the bedroom by sheer force of will. This dream morphed over the next several weeks until, dreaming, I was able to get me and Kellie out of the bedroom, past the open well, and up the stairs into the living room.

Once in the living room, the house was breathing in and out and groaning, all the doors and windows were open and ringed by blue, yellow, and red lights, like fire. There was an old man and an old woman there with us, with gray hair. I didn't know who they were. Kellie's two roommates were there as well, but they were clueless and talking gibberish. The old man and old woman seemed like they belonged there and they looked at Kellie and me and told us with some urgency to go outside now. Outside the sky was brown/yellow and wind was blowing leaves around hard. Ours was the only house standing. I felt very uncomfortable about going outside so I hesitated.

At this point I lost control of the lucid dream and things just started happening. The dark figure came up from the basement and burst into the living room. The old woman confronted the figure and the old man pushed me and Kellie out of the house. Then I woke up.

I remember this dream like I had it last night, but it was probably 15 years ago.

I never dreamed about the figure again.

That's the stuff books/movies are made of :rockin:

Beerthoven said:
Man, that's really scarry. I read your story last night before going to bed and all my hair was standing up on end. I couldn't turn out the lights and had to ask SWMBO to do it!
I make it a point NOT to catch up on this thread right before I go to bed for that very reason!

let me preface the following statement by mentioning that i am an atheist.

i believe that "angels" and "demons" are real, though not in the way most people think of them. i believe they are pan-/transdimensional beings with motives just like you and me. in the same way that the spectrum of humanity ranges from, say, hitler to mother teresa , so do those of entities we are unfamiliar with. dogs and cats can hear frequencies we can't. we can't see ultraviolet light without tech aids.

you, sir, have the pandimensional equivalent of bam margera lurking in your house.

watch yourself on the toilet...

About 2 years ago, I had a kitten that hadn't been very healthy for about a month before my wife and I went camping. We took the cat to the vet, who said that she MIGHT have a type of leukemia. Ran some test, but wasn't sure. Anyway like I said the cat wasn't very healthy, but wasn't on her death bed either.

So SWAMBO and I went camping on Friday. That night while we slept in the back of our pickup, I had a horrible dream. I only remember that I had some sort of ability to take 'supernatural powers' away from other people who had them, and I could use them myself. Weird huh. Anyway, different people had different powers, and they used them for evil. I went around and took them away, and then used these new powers to help take away more powers.

The last power was the ability to heal myself, or others (but only if I was hurt too). Then I was standing in my aunts house (still dreaming) and had some weired gas oven that had a small compartment next to the oven that is where the flame was that heated the oven. It was kind of like an old wood cooking stove. The flame in the small compartment was very hot like a blowtorch, and filled the entire compartment. In my dream, my kitten jumped into the flames and was hurt badly. It scorched off all her hair, and left her skin crispy.

At that point, I begged everyone to burn me, so that I could heal myself and the kitten. I finally got someone to burn my arm, and I held the kitten in my hands. I healed my self, but the kitten died in my hands.(end of dream)

I woke up with one of those 'Don't move a muscle or the boogie man will see you." type of feelings. And eventually went back to sleep.

Sunday evening when SWAMBO and I got home. The kitten was WAY worse than she ever had been, and after I held her in my arms for about 5 hours, she passed away.

BiC_Brand_Human said:
you, sir, have the pandimensional equivalent of bam margera lurking in your house.

watch yourself on the toilet...
While I don't share your belief system, I subscribe wholeheartedly to your brand of humor. That ****'s funny!

Man, that sounds terrifying. I've had sleep paralysis most of my life, and it's pretty terrifying as well.

I've also had nightmares about aliens (grays) on and off since I was young. I don't have them very often anymore, but I would have them all the time between 8 and 18. Anyhow, when I was 16 I would often stay up until 3 in the morning. One night I decided to go to bed early around 10pm. I woke up later that night around 2:30, with my room and the area outside my window bathed in a blue light so bright it looked like daylight. At first I tried to look outside and figure out where the hell the light was coming from, but I couldn't see the source. It looked as if it were daylight in just the 50 yards around my window. At that point I freaked out and ducked under my covers. The light stayed for about 5 minutes or so and then just faded out softly. There was no noise, it was just dead silent the whole time, even when it faded out. I lived in a rural area, with the nearest house being at least a mile away. Also, my window was on the second floor facing a steep hill (almost a cliff) with no roads behind it that a vehicle could have driven on. I'm absolutely certain I was awake, because it took me at least an hour to calm down and fall back to sleep.

I still have no explanation for what happened, but I know it happened. Nothing like it has happened since.

I can recount several REAL WTF kind of stories that I have experienced, but suffice it to say that I have seen things I could not/still cannot explain away, experienced things that are beyond any kind of normal reality, and dreamed MANY things that later came true-ultra specific things that are too complicated to just be coincidence.

I was spoken to in a dream that outlined the course of national and world events by a 'voice' I did not know but that seemed to know me. I saw no images-only spoke with this 'presence'.-it was total black in this dream and it was quite long. Everything in this dream has come to pass-and it was in '99. Like this-'The son of a president will become president and will get us into a war where people will kill themselves to kill others and it will bankrupt the country and gas will be 3 bucks a gallon and all the commodities and staples that you depend on will explode in price. China will take over much of the worlds affairs and manufacturing...' That was sorta accurate...:(

Told me all kinds of stuff about places I would work and people I would meet and houses I would buy, and vehicles and tractors (FORDS! :mad: ME: 'Why would I marry someone who likes Fords?!') that my new second wife (I was just starting to go thru a divorce, just then) would own that I would have to deal with, and on and on and on. All spot on correct. Unbelievable at the time, but everything I was told then has come true. Tons of things. Never saw a face or any image in the dream-never had had a dream where I didn't see images before that or since....:confused:

Similar dream when I was only 5, just at the same time my paternal grandfather died, whom I had never met until I saw him in the coffin. I was told I would have a rough life and I would be in a type of work that would be severely hurt by the bad economy...I didn't know what 'economy' was when I went to bed but in the dream I asked what it meant, and was given a definition. I woke up knowing what the 'economy' meant....Maybe same 'guy', don't know....but that all came true, too.

I had strange feelings and the lights brightened a few times just minutes after the time that I later found out was the exact time my mother died in Texas-yet I was in Michigan. While I was on the phone with my sister in law telling me about how it went down...minutes before.

I won't even go into the ghost I (and my son) saw at a place that the Indians say is haunted....

Think what you want-discount other's experiences, whatever; but I am skeptical and not prone to exaggeration or superstition. I am spiritual, but not religious (God protect me from your followers!), and I know that there are things that happen in this world that are beyond any rational explanation, because I've experienced them.

As for you Yuri, it's your own damn fault for not getting a good buzz on at a Christmas party.

Maybe that'll teach you. :D

Henry Hill said:
As for you Yuri, it's your own damn fault for not getting a good buzz on at a Christmas party.

Maybe that'll teach you. :D
Great accounts, Henry! Thanks for sharing!

That'll be the last time I don't cop a buzz at a party! If I were drunk enough, my boss's boss wouldn't have been able to pull me aside at MIDNIGHT to give me an hour's worth of "here's how the promotion system works." If I'd been drunk enough, I would've joined the guy who got in a fight with the Christmas tree. If I'd been drunk enough, I probably wouldn't have had my "experience."

Next time, I'll get drunk enough.

The other night I was telling my SWMBO about this conversation. As it turns out she has experienced the whole sleep paralysis. Right down to feeling like someone was in the room with her.
At first I was thinking you all might be nuts... but the SWMBO beat me up and now I think you are all perfectly normal.

I have had my share of these experiences and here are a few:

While in high school my dad moved his shop from Dallas to a small town in East Texas. I went to work with him helping after school but always felt uneasy there. One day my dad sends me into the attic to run some wiring and I could not concentrate on the task at hand. He finally gets upset and tells me to forget it not realizing that I was too scared of what I could not see but could feel to be able to function. I come down and proceed to roughly 8-10 small nails in the piece of paneling that covered the hole into the attic. I came down the ladder and turned to walk away and faced my dad, then I heard a crash behind me. It was the cover I had just nailed in place. My dad (a stern person with no previous supernatural belief) told me to follow him outside. He then proceeds to tell me that while working at the sand blaster he would feel someone tap him on the shoulder and basically push on him. I had never told him that I was experiencing the same thing but I had been afraid to say anything to my dad for the fear that he would think I was a nut. He bought another building and moved the shop after this type of thing continued.

2ND:
I lived by myself for a few years after high school and would have bad experiences in the evenings. I have been sitting in the living area have forks, spoons, bottles, ice trays etc fly across the room behind me. It got to a point that I drank quite a bit to be able to sleep and not just lay in bed scared with my eyes open. I spoke to a few friends and they of course thought I was a nut , until one night a good friend (the one that is lurking here) stayed over after too much to drink. I went to bed while he crashed on the couch. Then I heard what I thought was him going through the fridge knocking stuff around. I finally got up to help him find what ever he was looking for only to find him sitting strait up on the couch watching TV looking petrified. I asked what was the matter. He proceeded to tell me that a milk jug flew across the room and hit the other wall. Granted the milk jug had little in it but there was no reason for it to take flight. After that night he would not stay at that house no matter what.

third:
This is the worst (FEARFUL) experience I have ever had in my life! My wife and I we asleep in our bedroom when we were awaken by the bed bouncing up and down as if it were bucking. As I was awaked my wife grabbed my arm and it was then it stopped. I felt a presence (as she did I found out later) and I was paralyzed with fear. I then screamed at the top of my lungs. We both sat up and help hands and we walked to the light switch. He we both very shaken. We talked very little about that night but we both know that it happened and for no good reason. After that night the experiences have stopped. I had them all my life and then it stopped, but even as I type this I get full body chills. I have had may of these experiences growing up and felt like I was a lightning rod for this type of event.

I can not remember if i have told this story or not so bare with me.

My Wife and I and our brand new baby moved to lincoln from omaha. I was in her car a mid ninties mitsubishi eclipse, stick, small engine maybe even a 4 cylinder. I was sitting at a stop light where the road i was on intersected with a major 4 lane highway. i was sitting there thinking how dumb i must look to this really hot chick since i am 6'6" 270. I was thinking she was thinking how that big guy looks really stupid wearing that mitsubishi.
anyway, so the light turns green and i put the car into first and start to ease into the intersection when the car takes off like a bat out of hell. Now i think to myself, great you look really stupid and that hot chick is probably laughing at you and your stupid pseudo display of speed, which BTW was so impresive that car had never in its life been able to muster that amount of get up and go.
I look in the rearview to see if she is making fun of me only to see an 18 wheeler whiz by my tail as it had run the red light big as ****.

I have always been a person searching for answers to all questions and find the ones related to religion fuzzy do to all of the crap that the major ones say and do. That day i realized there is someone more important than us looking out for me. I have no question about it. I know i have an angel or some thing watching over my shoulder. And i suppose with that realization one can not discount the ghostly world either.

That car even after trying to get it to go like that again by poping the clutch or any other method never would go like that again.

I saw an unidentified flying object once. I'll call it UFO from here on out, but don't think i'm talking about aliens, cuz i don't know what it was or where it came from. for all i know it was gov't testing or mass hysteria.

My friend and my cousin came to a party once and were raving about how they'd just seen a spaceship. my cousin was always a a compulsive liar so i immediately told him to shut the **** up, grab a drink and quit being an ass. He wouldn't calm down all night so everybody just ignored him and let him be.

A few days later, I was driving myself and 3 friends across town and we came over a hill. At the bottom of the hill, hovering over my friend Randy's house was a UFO. (Randy was another friend who was with my cousin earlier and was IN the car now.) I stared for a second and looked in the mirror to see Randy wide-eyed and pale as a ghost.

"Is that?" I asked.
"No!" he growled, as if denying it to be true.

A smile came over my face and I screamed "Yes!" downshifting and racing down the hill towards his house. He started beating on the back of the passenger seat and screaming, "No! No! NOOOOOO!!!!!", my other friend screaming for him to knock it off.

As I was pulling around the corner, I watched the UFO move up slightly and then soar away, fast as lightning. It flew straight for the horizon and was gone in the blink of an eye.

That's the only time I've ever apologized to my cousin for accusing him of lying.

I couldn't tell what shape it was, although it looked metallic. It didn't have any lights on it (It was evening, but was still quite a bit of light out.) It could have been a plane. But it was hovering for at least 30 seconds and disappeared in a flash. Fascinated me...I wanted to see more :)

ONLY experience I myself have really had...although there's been a mansion in the family for years and I could tell you a dozen stories from a dozen different family members.

knights of Gambrinus said:
I realize this will sound pretty outlandish and I do not necessarily buy into this sort of stuff but here goes. The thought that popped into m,y mind was some sort of alien abduction like story.

I saw a TV show on alien abductions. Apparently two clear signs are farting fire and a satellite dish sticking out of your a**. :D

The Drizzle said:
Now I am rolling my eyes.

Yuri_Rage said:
Easy man. Don't $hit all over someone's beliefs just because they don't match your own, especially when they are kind and well intended.

+2

The Drizzle said:
Whoa, easy man yourself. Not one more peep out of me on this one.

-1, +1

strange things happen every day...sometimes there's no way to logically explain it. i'm not a fan of blind faith. i know that there are things on this earth and far beyond that no men will ever understand. science or philosophy, it just goes on...and on...and on...once we learn something, there's always something else to figure out.

i like knowing that no matter how long i live, i'm still experiencing, still learning...fascination keeps me in the moment :)

Interesting

http://adage.com/article?article_id=122491

New Yorker Alison Wilson was walking down Prince Street in SoHo last week when she heard a woman's voice right in her ear asking, "Who's there? Who's there?" She looked around to find no one in her immediate surroundings. Then the voice said, "It's not your imagination."

Indeed it isn't. It's an ad for "Paranormal State," a ghost-themed series premiering on A&E this week. The billboard uses technology manufactured by Holosonic that transmits an "audio spotlight" from a rooftop speaker so that the sound is contained within your cranium. The technology, ideal for museums and libraries or environments that require a quiet atmosphere for isolated audio slideshows, has rarely been used on such a scale before. For random passersby and residents who have to walk unwittingly through the area where the voice will penetrate their inner peace, it's another story.

I've had sleep paralysis.. it's freaky, feels like the room is vibrating and that there is a presence in the room. If I recall correctly it's the body's way of keeping you from hurting yourself from acting out your dreams

Speedfreaks101 said:
I have had my share of these experiences and here are a few:

While in high school my dad moved his shop from Dallas to a small town in East Texas. I went to work with him helping after school but always felt uneasy there. One day my dad sends me into the attic to run some wiring and I could not concentrate on the task at hand. He finally gets upset and tells me to forget it not realizing that I was too scared of what I could not see but could feel to be able to function. I come down and proceed to roughly 8-10 small nails in the piece of paneling that covered the hole into the attic. I came down the ladder and turned to walk away and faced my dad, then I heard a crash behind me. It was the cover I had just nailed in place. My dad (a stern person with no previous supernatural belief) told me to follow him outside. He then proceeds to tell me that while working at the sand blaster he would feel someone tap him on the shoulder and basically push on him. I had never told him that I was experiencing the same thing but I had been afraid to say anything to my dad for the fear that he would think I was a nut. He bought another building and moved the shop after this type of thing continued.

2ND:
I lived by myself for a few years after high school and would have bad experiences in the evenings. I have been sitting in the living area have forks, spoons, bottles, ice trays etc fly across the room behind me. It got to a point that I drank quite a bit to be able to sleep and not just lay in bed scared with my eyes open. I spoke to a few friends and they of course thought I was a nut , until one night a good friend (the one that is lurking here) stayed over after too much to drink. I went to bed while he crashed on the couch. Then I heard what I thought was him going through the fridge knocking stuff around. I finally got up to help him find what ever he was looking for only to find him sitting strait up on the couch watching TV looking petrified. I asked what was the matter. He proceeded to tell me that a milk jug flew across the room and hit the other wall. Granted the milk jug had little in it but there was no reason for it to take flight. After that night he would not stay at that house no matter what.

third:
This is the worst (FEARFUL) experience I have ever had in my life! My wife and I we asleep in our bedroom when we were awaken by the bed bouncing up and down as if it were bucking. As I was awaked my wife grabbed my arm and it was then it stopped. I felt a presence (as she did I found out later) and I was paralyzed with fear. I then screamed at the top of my lungs. We both sat up and help hands and we walked to the light switch. He we both very shaken. We talked very little about that night but we both know that it happened and for no good reason. After that night the experiences have stopped. I had them all my life and then it stopped, but even as I type this I get full body chills. I have had may of these experiences growing up and felt like I was a lightning rod for this type of event.

I am the one he speaks of in the second story here. Yes it happened, yes I was terrified, yes it sucked. My first human response was to rationalize what just happened, digest it, and ease my mind all in a matter of a microsecond before fear kicked in. There was no AC in that part of the house, no fan, not so much as a light draft. This jug was launched like Nolan Ryan threw it. With force, no fall. It was weird.

This thread was really facinating for me. I'd say that I pretty strongly believe in the paranormal, so I'm always interested in hearing/reading about experiences such as these. The funny thing is, I'm otherwise a really scientific/logical/factual sort of guy...but some things only make sense by being explained off as "supernatural."

My big two supernatural experiences have to do with precognition and deja-vu... I'll fairly often think of a song, and then it will play on the radio a second or two later for example. It's always something like that- something will pop into my mind out of the blue, and a few seconds later, it'll happen. It's happened far too many times for it to be coincidence. It's pretty weird. My mom once told me that the same thing happens to her, or that she'll know about something happening far away as it happens. She told me that a while ago though, so I can't remember an exact example (It's also after 3am...why am I awake still?)

The other repeat experience I've had is the deja-vu as I mentioned before...but it's really more of a dream deja-vu. Fairly often, I'l be going about my life, when suddenly I realize that something I did, or something I just saw, or a conversation I just had with someone- I had dreamed that exact experience a week, or a month, or more before. Since it's usually a mundane thing that I'm doing at the time, I don't always remember the original dream before the "trigger," but once it happens, I vividly remember dreaming that experience before. This actually happened a week ago during a dinner with friends. Each time it happens, it's a very shocking realization. It sounds kind of crazy, but again, it's happened so many times, and the feeling is so real, that I can't really discount it.

As far as ghost stories go, my mom pretty firmly believes that her parent's old farmhouse is haunted. I never really got that feeling from the place, but I still believe her. My dad also has a friend who went night fishing down at Point Lookout in southern Maryland. That area has home to a civil war hospital long ago, and has a long history of ghost stories and sightings. Well, for whatever reason, this friend of my dad's was video taping something that night. When he watched the tape, he said he could plainly hear voices in the background that weren't there when he made the tape. I've actually heard several stories of people who have caught ghostly voices on tape down there in the same manner. I meant to try it myself, but never found the time.

I don't believe anything is 100%, and I also believe anything is possible.

Only two strange things like this have happened to me, and both would be described as preconition I guess.

After moving from Minnesota to Australia, I had been here about year when the first odd thing happened and about 20 months when the second one happened.

#1 I was sitting in my study, checking emails and surfing the net. I guess I was feeling a bit melancholy due to my decision to leave My home and move permanently to a place halfway around the world. Not feeling sorry for myself, but I remember thinking of all off the birthdays, Xmas and Tanksgiving celebrations etc that i was goin to miss out on in my life. Suddenly I had the strangest thought... "Whose funerals would I have to fly home for? Of course Mom and Dad, and siblings etc, but I knew so many people, and which ones would I fly back for? This might sound strange coming froma person only 30 years old, but I suddenly got a bit down and started thinking long and hard about this. I opened a bottle of the Glenlivet, and forgot about it. Teh following day I fidn out that one of my best firends and his wife, along with their kids were in a horrible car accident the night before. He was in a coma and hospitalised for weeks, and still has brain damage, never to be the man he once was. His son was killed in the accident, and his wife came out alive, but required plastic surgery. Oddest thing is that the accident happened within 1/2 hour give or take of the time I opened the bottle of scotch to forget about losing loved ones and funerals.

Second one wasn't quite as spooky, but still strange. I had known my new brother in law for nearly 2 years. He was 49 years old, wife and 2 young kids, and fit as a fiddle, no smoking or drinking etc. He came over one afternoon, and for some reason I looked at him diferently. I had always thought he was a bigger guy, but looking at him he seemed smaller... I can only describe it in Stephen King terms.. He semed "less there" than normal. I thought it odd, but didn't really tweak to it until the following day. I said to SWMBO (his sister) "I always thought John was more my size, but yesterday he seemed smaller or something." He died of a heart attack that night.

Oh one more thing Uri. I suggest that you and you SWMBO do NOT watch "The Entity"

Chaos_Being said:
The other repeat experience I've had is the deja-vu as I mentioned before...but it's really more of a dream deja-vu. Fairly often, I'l be going about my life, when suddenly I realize that something I did, or something I just saw, or a conversation I just had with someone- I had dreamed that exact experience a week, or a month, or more before. Since it's usually a mundane thing that I'm doing at the time, I don't always remember the original dream before the "trigger," but once it happens, I vividly remember dreaming that experience before. This actually happened a week ago during a dinner with friends. Each time it happens, it's a very shocking realization. It sounds kind of crazy, but again, it's happened so many times, and the feeling is so real, that I can't really discount it.

I normally don't buy into what I call all that "ghost crap" But this thing you call dream deja-vu I can account for. I've had this happen for most of my life. Now that I'm older and things are a little chaotic, it seems to happen less. (maybe 4-6 times a year) but there was a time this would occur as much as once a week. Weird stuff my friend. I chalk it up to the brain, and it's unknown potential. There is still no computer on that planet that matches the brains ability, who knows what locked up power and secrets it holds?

TxBrew said:
I like how everyone mentions their wife believing.

A few weeks ago we were sleeping, deep sleepers. At around 4:00AM we both sat up in bed because this very loud siren went off. It was a weird noise though, it sounded like a '40s, '50s police siren. It sounded like it came from inside our bedroom and stopped as soon as we sat up. I checked the room and house, nada. Tried to find something to duplicate the noise, nada. My wife got freaked out and couldn't get back to bed, I went right back to sleep.

Most of the ghost stories I hear involve perfect settings for the imagination to run wild.

Errrhmmm....you weren't anywhere near the flea market Hell of Canton, TX when you heard it, were you?

We have a 1968 Dodge pickup with one of those sirens (pronounced sigh-REEN here in East TX). Neighbor gave it to us, as the truck is black/white and looks somewhat reminescent of some offical RFD-type vehicle.

We have lots of fun with that sigh-REEN...

As to the original experience that started the thread, I think the fact that it was a shared experience puts it into an entirely different realm. The covers' placement is fairly freaky, too. Any angry teenagers in the house?

I too have had dajavu (SP). Only it's usually double dajavu. Not only do I feel like I did something before, but I feel like I've done it many times. Kind of like remembering a time when you remembered that you had done it before.

It's usually something simple, like SWMBO and I say something to each other while walking down a staircase or something, and at first it feels like hey, we've done this before, but then it's like "Hey, I remember having this feeling before, about having this feeling before."

There's always a very strong visual trigger involved, I think.

I have that exact same thing Jesse happen quite often. Sometimes it freaks me out because it's so vivid and strong.

There's a theory that a deja vu is simply a new experience that triggers a memory circuit by mistake.

TxBrew said:
I have that exact same thing Jesse happen quite often. Sometimes it freaks me out because it's so vivid and strong.
It use to freak me out too, because it is such a strong 'feeling/sensation' but it happens so often, that I don't even pay attention to it much anymore.

I've had similar experiences caused by sleep paralysis. It always starts while in a dream. I feel an unseen force holding me down or pushing me, then open my eyes. Once my eyes are open, I see my room in perfect detail, but find I am still paralyzed or "held down". Our brains naturally inhibit conscious muscular movement during REM sleep to stop us from waking ourselves by moving when reacting to dreams. Sometimes we wake up while our brains are still trying to supress movement, causing this freaked out creepy phenomenon

That being said, I'm a big science geek, a rational thinker, and a believer in the "paranormal".

In 1979 I was stationed at Fiori Caserne, Aschaffenburg W. Germany. I was real close to rotating back to the states and was pulling my last Charge of Quarters duty (CQ). About 4 AM I decided to walk down to the mess hall to make sure the cooks were up and get myself a cup of coffee. As I approached the side door of the messhall I heard a clickity-click sound from in front of a barracks door across the street. As I looked closer I could see something gleaming and bouncing up and down about a foot off the ground at the threshhold of the barracks door. As I approached it I saw that it was a gold colored beer bottle cap. I thought to myself WTF? I looked up thinking the guys in a upstairs window were goofing around. Nope. I reached across thinking I would snag the fishing line. There was none. There was no type of wind or anything blowing. I decided to stop this BS and attemted to step on the bottle cap. The cap kept dodging my foot . I tried to grab it, it dodged my hand.
Now the bottle cap continued bouncing up and down but now moved down the walkway into the street at a walking pace, I followed it around the back of the messhall. There it bounced down a half dozen stone stairs onto the Strauss ( city street). Here I tried again to catch it and could not. I followed it maybe 50 yds down the sidewalk and then it just took off, sounding like someone running full out with taps on their shoes. I watched and heard it go away into the darkness.
I went back up to the barracks and checked things out, nothing. Went to the messhall and got some coffee and told the cooks about it and they just laughed, said I must be high. I was not. I have only told a couple of people about this over the years and always get the same you must have been high reply.
Anyway that is my one bizarre paranormal experience, a bottle cap. I know what I saw.
AP

Latest posts

Back