Drove 1.5 hours to a HBS to get Vinator and it doesn't mount on the drying tree...??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J187

Reaction score
I called a HBS that is located pretty far from me and specifically asked if they had a 45-bottle tree that the vinator would mount on. They said the bottle trees they carry mount the vinator, definitely, both 90 and 45 bottle models. So I drove all the way out there, bought the set and drove home. When I got home, I opened the box and the tree has a threaded handle for the top but the vinator does NOT mount on it. The threaded section at the top is much larger than what the vinator would fit over. The reason I specifically asked them, is that I know the NB website says the 45 bottle tree does not mount the unit on top.

Is there a 45 tree in existence that does - did they give me the wrong one or does one not exist?

Aside from the existence of an LHBS that's not local and doesn't know it's own stock, I have found that it's easier for me to have the vinator on the counter next to the bottle tree. That way I don't have to reach up to put the bottle on the vinator and pump it.

I have the same setup you have. I would NOT want the vinator on top of the tree. The bottles would get in the way as you load them. I set mine on the counter, give the bottles a couple of squirts and put them on the tree out of the way. Very easy!

Ah, thanks for the reassurance. In that case, I shall try it on the ground next to me.

Yeah I agree with all of the other posters. While mine does mount on the tree, I find it works better just sitting on the counter. Got to love the vinator though. That along with the jet bottle sprayer that hooks up to the sink are the 2 biggest time savers for us bottlers!

Back