Pitching two different yeast strains

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paraordnance

Reaction score
I was brewing Hefe with 3068 and my OG came a little too high than expected (1.064). I only made 1 liter starter with 3068 so after I pitched I checked with Mr. Malty and realized I should had 3 liters starter instead. Worried about underpitching and stressing the yeast out I just re-hydrated and pitched 1 pack of Nottingham as well. How these two strain will work together? Can I expect good results? I'm not entering any competitions with this brew, and dont expect it to be true to style. Just hope it will be good beer at the end.

I am sure it is going to be just fine. I had a similar issue with an Oatmeal Stout I did. My issue was that 1/3 of the WL vial went on the floor and the Notty was close so in it went. It is still beer and it is pretty tasty. I am going to use a few bottles of it to make an oatmeal Stout Chocolate Cake

Back