I Need A Rabbit Gage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HenryHill

Reaction score
Weird stuff from ollllo's search for pulque info...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulque

"In the Aztec pantheon of deities, pulque production was represented by the god of pulque, Tepoztecatl, and the gods of drunkenness, such as Macuil-Tochtli or Five Rabbit and Ometochtli or Two Rabbit, both part of the pantheon of Centzon Totochtin, the four hundred rabbit gods of drunkenness. The Aztecs rated pulque intoxication on a scale of one to 400 rabbits. A tradition in pulquerias is for drinkers to slop a small amount of the pulque in their glass on the floor as a sacrifice to Two Rabbit."

When I first read it I had this mental vision of a grinning Indian giggling and slurring '399 rabbits'...

That brings back memories! I spent 9 months living/traveling in Mexico. I had always wanted to try pulque. It wasn’t terribly easy to find. We stumbled across it at a mercado outside of La Paz I think. We took it down the road to a little taco stand, sat down at a picnic table, and opened it. A local came up and explained to us that we needed to make the sacrifice and we did it. The stuff was weird. It is milky, slimy, and stringy all tat the same time. It was the only time I drank it. Strange stuff.

Latest posts

Back